• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Speed up your computer by using HD-Tach to measure HD access time.  (Read 8396 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
1) open HD Tach 

2) Choose the size of file to be tested, using 32MB will take longer but, provide accurate results of your HDD's performance with larger files; then click 'run test'

3) Once the test is over, you will be presented with a graph of results like this

4) Using the results can help you dertermine if your PC's performance is let down by your PATA HDD, if you consistenly recieve results under UDMA m2 (33.3MB/s) on a ATA-66 Board, then you may have to make the HDD use a ATA66 (80 cable) wire, which speeds of up to 66.6 MB/s.
If you are using a SATA HDD, you should be getting results better than the ATA equivalence of your drive but, not many HDD's ever have a constant burst speed of more than 130MB/s.
If you are looking for reliable HDD performance, get your self a SCSI MB and get a ultra 640 SCSI HDD and cable, which allows burst speeds up to 640MB/s, but this is rare and mostly ever used for heavy load servers.

I hope this tutorial has given more understanding of your HDD Performance and how to improve it.

(Copyright by ComputerMods Tech Site)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

CMTech

• SCF Member
  • Psycho 092 on Xbox Live
    • CMTech
Thanks for mentioning that i wrote that tutorial :)
CM Tech
CM Tech Forum

COD4 360 1.64 k/d 65k kills.
Psycho 092

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Thanks for mentioning that i wrote that tutorial :)

Of course, it's very helpful tutorial.  :thumbsup:

Who know maybe we should try to work on some partnership?

Regards,

S.

CMTech

• SCF Member
    • CMTech
If there's any other tutorials you want written just ask, i don't know what to write  ;D
CM Tech
CM Tech Forum

Psycho 092

Samker

• SCF Administrator
If there's any other tutorials you want written just ask, i don't know what to write  ;D

Every security related tutorial is welcome (any type of antivirus, firewall, antispyware ...).  ;)

Also, maybe you are interested about some partnership with our two site (for example some promotion)?

Regards,

Samker

CMTech

• SCF Member
    • CMTech
yeah i'll start of by linking to you on my site and forum.
CM Tech
CM Tech Forum

Psycho 092

Samker

• SCF Administrator
yeah i'll start of by linking to you on my site and forum.

That would be a great start.  :thumbsup: I'll also add you to our link category.

P.S.

I'm just visit your site and it doesn't look to work any page except main (BETA). ???

krrjhn

• SCF Advanced Member
1) open HD Tach 

2) Choose the size of file to be tested, using 32MB will take longer but, provide accurate results of your HDD's performance with larger files; then click 'run test'

3) Once the test is over, you will be presented with a graph of results like this

4) Using the results can help you dertermine if your PC's performance is let down by your PATA HDD, if you consistenly recieve results under UDMA m2 (33.3MB/s) on a ATA-66 Board, then you may have to make the HDD use a ATA66 (80 cable) wire, which speeds of up to 66.6 MB/s.
If you are using a SATA HDD, you should be getting results better than the ATA equivalence of your drive but, not many HDD's ever have a constant burst speed of more than 130MB/s.
If you are looking for reliable HDD performance, get your self a SCSI MB and get a ultra 640 SCSI HDD and cable, which allows burst speeds up to 640MB/s, but this is rare and mostly ever used for heavy load servers.

I hope this tutorial has given more understanding of your HDD Performance and how to improve it.

(Copyright by ComputerMods Tech Site)
great info.!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising