• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3631
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: [Review] Kaspersky Internet Security 2011  (Read 10443 times)

F3RL

• SCF Advanced Member
[Review] Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
« on: 15. December 2010., 14:31:05 »

After purchasing a license for Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, I decided to write a small review on this product.

Overview:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 has everything that you need to stay safe and secure while you're surfing the web. It provides constant protection for you and your family – whether you work, bank, shop or play online.

Also stops your PC or Netbook being slowed down by cybercriminals and delivers unsurpassed on-line safety whilst protecting your files, music and photos from hackers.

Features:
- Real-time proactive scanner
- Safe Surf
- Virtual Keyboard
- Parental Control
- Application Control
- System Watcher technology
- Safe Run mode (Sandbox mode)
- Creation of Bootable Rescue Disk
- Easy-Access Desktop gadget
- Persoanl Firewall
- Frequent virus definition update (every hour)

My impressions:

Firstly, I like to keep my laptop resource usage as low as possible. Here is the screenshot of my laptop with KIS installed, it only has two processes and uses less than 20MB of RAM, which I consider it as light. During normal usage, I did not notice any slow-downs with KIS 2011.

Also, Kaspersky Internet Security 2011's user interface is very, very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Kaspersky Lab has designed a UI that is easy for non-techy people to find what they need in order to protect their machines. Also, behind those menus KIS 2011 provides the user a full control over the settings/options of the product. There were so many I haven't had a chance to review them all - but of course, default settings are adequate and safe enough.

As you can see there is a folder named 'Safe Run shared folder'. This folder is a special folder created by Kaspersky security product to execute or run suspicious files - in other words, it is a sandbox. Which means, you can run any suspicious files and it will not harm you computer as it is 'sandboxed'. However, this feature on a 64-bit machine is not fully supported due to the nature of how 64-bit kernel in Windows operate.

Anyways, it was my mini review and hope you got some idea what KIS 2011 is like, or you can always install trial versions and try out yourself  ;D
I recommend this product who needs a level of security that is safe to perform internet banking etc.

Edit*

I have purchased my license through Kaspersky Lab Australia website. It is costly than other competitors. For 1PC, 1YR I paid $49.95 AUD. However, buying identical license from Kaspersky Lab Korea costs less than $20 AUD. Wonder why it's cheaper to buy from Korean website ???

Kaspersky Lab, Australia https://estore.kaspersky.com.au/
Kaspersky Lab, Korea http://www.kaspersky.co.kr/shop_main
well? understand ma bad English.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

[Review] Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
« on: 15. December 2010., 14:31:05 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: [Review] Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
« Reply #1 on: 15. December 2010., 15:18:27 »
Excellent review Eric, Thanks!  :up:

...it only has two processes and uses less than 20MB of RAM...

This is unbelievable small number.  :thumbsup:

As you can see there is a folder named 'Safe Run shared folder'. This folder is a special folder created by Kaspersky security product to execute or run suspicious files - in other words, it is a sandbox. Which means, you can run any suspicious files and it will not harm you computer as it is 'sandboxed'.

Great option, it's unique in AV market right now??

IMO, it'll be also very useful for SCF Members to give us additional information where did you buy license for KIS 2011 (official page or some reseller...) and how much did you pay??

More info's about KIS 2011 (official presentation): http://www.kaspersky.com/kaspersky_internet_security

P.S.

To view photos in proper size... make a right click with your mouse and choose "View Image" option. ;) After that use "Back" option in your browser.

F3RL

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: 15. December 2010., 17:54:51 »
This is unbelievable small number.  :thumbsup:

Yes indeed ;) I was suprised by how it consumes a small amount of RAM. I always thought Kaspersky made resource-hungry antivirus products. The latest version seems to fixed the problem of eating too much RAM.

By the way, Samker, assuming you are using VSE 8.7, how much RAM does it consume on your machine? Just curious ???
well? understand ma bad English.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #3 on: 15. December 2010., 18:44:08 »
By the way, Samker, assuming you are using VSE 8.7, how much RAM does it consume on your machine? Just curious ???

Yes you got a right, I'm on v8.7. :)

Right now it use about 50MB, all services (5) in total.

neerajrawat1

• SCF VIP Member
  • We believe in sharing is caring
    • Experts Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: 16. December 2010., 07:01:52 »
but till now kaspersky is the best i have tried and tested almost all avs finally been 5 years with kaspersky

« Reply #4 on: 16. December 2010., 07:01:52 »

krrjhn

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: 03. January 2011., 06:38:54 »
Ya i think kaspersky is very good antivirus from many years!!

« Reply #5 on: 03. January 2011., 06:38:54 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising