• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42868
  • Total Topics: 16077
  • Online Today: 2710
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Windows 10: unable to resolve hostnames (DNS) for SOME programs; browsers etc OK  (Read 3296 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Using tigervpn OpenVPN (as administrator!!) I only got 'unable to resolve host'.

I had the same problem with John's Background Switcher: unable to resolve host 500px.com api.flickr.com etc etc.

BUT other VPN tools of mine did connect and work. And most (if not almost all) programs had no problem browsing or using the internet. Despite knowing better, I even removed Heimdal agent (check it out and let us know - Samker has the link ;-) ) and disabled 360S antivirus and GlassWire firewall. To no avail. Removing LAN device? Nothing. Double checking IP configurations with ipconfig /all or ethernet options in GUI? Nothing. Let alone flushing DNS resolver caches, changing DNS servers, rebooting router etc (I use DNS Jumper 1.0.6).

So what fixed it in the end? Surprisingly simple; I did not expect much of it, but I was wrong. It worked like a charm!

SOURCE: Upgraded Windows 10 Apps have no internet, normal Desktop programs work just fine: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c00b1d73-5ccd-4340-b108-2bd71b25c90c/windows-10-apps-have-no-internet?forum=win10itpronetworking

FIX:

Open up command prompt cmd.exe with administrator privileges.

Run these commands:

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot your PC.

Can't believe it took me this long to find the solution!

Credits: Terry408

Sunday, August 02, 2015 5:54 PM

Author: AsyncVoid

Peace!

Devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
---

So what fixed it in the end? Surprisingly simple; I did not expect much of it, but I was wrong. It worked like a charm!

---

FIX:

Open up command prompt cmd.exe with administrator privileges.

Run these commands:

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot your PC.

---

---

Thanks D., I'm sure that this will be helpful information for some of our members. :thumbsup:

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising