• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42951
  • Total Topics: 16150
  • Online Today: 4549
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: How to restore a nandroid backup on i9300 samsung galaxy s3?  (Read 4660 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
(OR: HOW TO install touch clockworkmod recovery on latest december 2013 build samsung galaxy s3 with android 4.3 I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_OXA I9300XXUGMK6)

Today, I accidently emptied my phone (see http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8536.0.html :))...

Restoring the nandroid backup was not as easy as I thought it would be. More specific; the nandroid software has grown up and became crippled (read: commercial). From within recovery console, you can restore more than from Samsung Home / Google Play apps...

Even further, when I try to restore I get:
Warning: This recovery is a partial backup. It is recommended that you restore this backup via your recovery because some recoveries are not able to restore partial backups. Are you sure you want to continue with restore? Cancel / Continue

I used the clockworkmod format (full backup - no more risks for me ;p).

So next step is to install the clockworkmod recovery for the samsung galaxy s3 siii i9300 international.

I tried that a good month ago, and got nowhere. Clockworkmod offers an .img file which I do not know how to use.

Luckily, today I found this article: http://techbeasts.com/2013/11/26/install-cwm-recovery-and-root-samsung-galaxy-s3-gt-i9300-running-android-4-3-jelly-bean/

Copy Paste:

(EDIT: you have Odin & USB drivers)

Download the i9300 clockwork mod philz_touch_6.00.0-i9300.tar.md5 here: http://d-h.st/aIS .

This is an excellent clockworkmod Touch 6 modification, made by PhilZ.

Installing the CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean goes as follows, but before we go ahead, here are some pre-requisites that you need to follow:

Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues on the device during the flashing process.

Make sure that you have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.

Make sure that you use the original data cable to connect your device to your PC.

Make sure that your device is  Galaxy Note S III GT-I9300, check the model under Settings>General>About Device>Model.

In case of USB connection problems, enable USB debugging mode on your device. To do so, open Settings>General>Developer Options. If you can’t find the developer options, simply open About device and tap “Build Number” for 7 times and you should have the developer options enabled under the ”General Tab”.

Install the listed files carefully, follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Put your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300  in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.

Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.

As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.

Click on the PDA tab and select the downloaded Philz Advanced CWM recovery.tar.md5 file.

Click Start and the root (EDIT: flash??) process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.

The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends, your phone will restart and you’ve installed the CWM recovery.

Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously

For rooting, I used an easier method. See: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8536.msg21990.html#msg21990 (installing latest android 4.3 version 2013). This will not work well - unstable results!!

For rooting, I continued with the instructions shown here: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8536.msg21990.html#msg21990 (install CWM Recovery first, then SuperSU SU Root)

As far as I can tell, rooting is not obliged for backup or restore with nandroid backups.., (?).

With the new CWM Recovery you should be able to restore your nandroid backup without problems... You did check the MD5 sums after creating your backup, right? ; )

If no nandroid backup is found, make sure the nandroid backup files are located in DATE.TIME folder of ../clockworkmod/backup . If you forget to create the backup/DATE.TIME subfolders, all nandroid programs insisted this was not the correct backup folder and/or nothing was found... Sigh? :)

Karma!

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Conare nullius momenti videri fortasse missilibus careant

All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising