• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3869
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee Anti-Malware Engine 5.4.00 BETA - Download  (Read 28287 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
McAfee Anti-Malware Engine 5.4.00 BETA - Download
« on: 06. June 2009., 20:58:15 »

Product Overview

To aid continuous improvement of our Anti-Malware Engine Update we will be releasing regular Beta Engines throughout the development of the 5400 Anti-Malware Engine, allowing for regular feedback from the Beta community. This will enable you to be directly involved in the quality of our Anti-Malware Engine, which forms the core malware detection and repair component of many McAfee products, throughout our development cycle of the 5400 Anti-Malware Engine update.

Releases of the Beta Engines will be made at incremental points throughout the feature development of the new Anti-Malware Engine. We are expecting to release a new Beta Anti-Malware Engine every month, with the aim of releasing the 5400 Anti-Malware Engine update during the third quarter of 2009.

* It's faster than before: We've listened to our customers who asked for a faster Engine and it delivers superior performance to current McAfee Anti-Virus products on all supported platforms.
    * Improved detection of existing, new and potential threats which increases the depth and breadth of the protection we provide.
    * Enhanced support for Adobe Flash (.swf) file format.
    * Improved file decomposition, helping us to detect more threats, including enhanced support for the Nullsoft Installer file format.
    * 100% drop-in compatibility with existing McAfee Anti-Virus products and DAT files. It's easy to upgrade; just update your Anti-Malware Engine.
    * We have digitally signed the Engine (Windows only) to allow its origin and integrity to be checked.

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/241594324/MSE5400beta.rar

Mirror Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P783BIA9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

McAfee Anti-Malware Engine 5.4.00 BETA - Download
« on: 06. June 2009., 20:58:15 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Re: McAfee Anti-Malware Engine 5.4.00 BETA - Download
« Reply #1 on: 07. June 2009., 07:47:45 »

I was install and test this 5400 Engine in the past 24h and it's work very well :thumbsup: , no problems at all and much faster than earlier v.  ;)

jake2pointzero

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 07. June 2009., 11:10:04 »
samker,

can this be installed on VSE 8.5i. what benefits can we get from it.

jake

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 07. June 2009., 11:21:18 »
samker,

can this be installed on VSE 8.5i. what benefits can we get from it.

jake

Yes, I use them on 8.5 and it's much faster (at least for my PC)...

jake2pointzero

• SCF Member
« Reply #4 on: 07. June 2009., 21:51:03 »
samker,

Will the 5.4.00 engine be available in the auto update of the VSE 8.5i thru internet? When?

jake

« Reply #4 on: 07. June 2009., 21:51:03 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 07. June 2009., 22:00:23 »
samker,

Will the 5.4.00 engine be available in the auto update of the VSE 8.5i thru internet? When?

jake

Yes, it'll be Jake but as I know in last quarter '09.

rudelay

• SCF Member
« Reply #6 on: 04. September 2009., 18:24:38 »
Is the McAfee Anti-Malware Engine the same as Engine 5400? While running the Anti-Malware, it stops and tells that McAfee is already using the latest engine.
Another question: What about "Advanced Virus Remover"? I have to uninstall it many times, every day, with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Thanks for helping. 

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Remove "Advanced Virus Remover" rogue program...
« Reply #7 on: 04. September 2009., 19:35:32 »
Is the McAfee Anti-Malware Engine the same as Engine 5400? While running the Anti-Malware, it stops and tells that McAfee is already using the latest engine.

If I understand you correctly this isn't same Engine, 5400 is still in BETA stage. I use them, but McAfee generally don't recommend using it until final version.  ;)  

Another question: What about "Advanced Virus Remover"? I have to uninstall it many times, every day, with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Thanks for helping.  

"Advanced Virus Remover" is rogue (fake) program. This program is Malware and you need to immediately remove them from your PC. If you need any help with this problem, please open your own Topic at SCF "PC Help Center": http://scforum.info/index.php?action=forum

Regards,

S.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Re: McAfee Anti-Malware Engine 5400 - Download
« Reply #8 on: 05. September 2009., 07:34:09 »

If I understand you correctly this isn't same Engine, 5400 is still in BETA stage. I use them, but McAfee generally don't recommend using it until final version.  ;)  

My mistake, it's official now (from last Week): http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

By the way, did you finally "kill" this "Advanced Virus Remover"??

mindfrost82

• SCF Member
« Reply #9 on: 28. September 2009., 19:27:26 »
I just installed this from their site using the official version posted earlier.  So far no negative effects.

« Reply #9 on: 28. September 2009., 19:27:26 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising