• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3451
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: WARNING! Customer services with VPN Land (vpnland.com) - a review  (Read 9722 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Sometimes logs are clearer than words... I just wanted to share (and warn) everybody about the horrible, horrible customer service I experienced with VPN-Land. I bought a lifetime vpnland subscription the other day. Clearly advertised for hulu.com, it looked like a good deal to add to my collection of vpn solutions.

I was wrong. And it all fails on 2 things: no hulu support AND HORRIBLE customer service. I had 2 problems, I'll copy paste the 2nd chat I had (the other one was just as short in answering, and rude!).

Judge for yourself... I know I just LOVE my TigerVPN lifetime deal I got; such great support! Same with Smart DNS Proxy and other VPN providers I have... TigerVPN has become a scam. Their support went from awesome (Laura!) to non-existing. I mean, NO support, EVER. And the Lifetime subscriptions? They are not renewed and are being pruned.

Here it goes:

Ticket #999753 (currently complete ticket is removed, luckily I had a cached copy)

------
26/11/2015 15:50 Devnullius:

Hello,

I tried a few connections (city + protocol) but I always get a message that, based on my IP address, I'm blocked from hulu because I use an anonymous proxy tool.

From bitsdujour I understood your VPN would pass undetected with hulu? "Avoid geo-location restrictions to watch media content like Hulu & Netflix anywhere"

Please advise.
------
28/11/2015 04:53 Devnullius:

Are you ignoring my requests now? (edit: in follow up of my first problem: what the f*ck is my username??)
------
01/12/2015 08:44 Devnullius:

I'll give you another 24 hours to respond, otherwise I will cancel my subscription and get a refund of my money. It's up to you guys, but this is horrible, horrible customer service!
------
01/12/2015 09:21 VPNLAND Staff:

The service does work. Therefore refund is not possible.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 08:46
To: VPNLand Customer Service
Subject: [Ticket ID: 999753] New Support Ticket Response
------
01/12/2015 12:35 Devnullius:

I triple checked and I'm certain: Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access hulu through an anonymous proxy tool.

So again: hulu ain't working. Please SUPPORT or I'll ask refund tomorrow.

Take your jobs serious: SUPPORT! :(

Devvie
------
01/12/2015 12:41 VPNLAND Staff:

As said before - vpn does work.
Therefore, no refund.

Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 12:37
------
01/12/2015 13:11 by Devnullius

As I said, you advertised "hulu" - it doesn't do "hulu" - ergo: I'm gonna
get my money back.

Thanks for nothing!
------
01/12/2015 13:16 by VPNLAND Staff:

Refund refused.

Hulu is NOT a reason for a refund.

Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 13:14
------
01/12/2015 13:31 by Devnullius

SURE it is. You ADVERTISE it as your FIRST selling point. Refund it will
be. I never had such a horrible user support. Really, you guys are
horrible. That you survived so long as a business is fucked up and not
deserved.

http://i.imgur.com/Z2bVrnj.png

So... Guess what? I'm getting my money back and I will never look back to
you guys! Really, feel ashamed!
------
01/12/2015 13:39 by VPNLAND Staff:

I'm closing this ticket. Hulu started blocking all VPN providers (it's not our fault).
Each future email will cost $5 USD.

Best Regards,
VPNLand Team

IMPORTANT
Let us know how you feel about the support you received today.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WTTHT8Z

Like us on Facebook and get latest news with updates.
https://www.facebook.com/blacklogic.vpn
------
01/12/2015 13:53 Devnullius:

I have no problems with TigerVPN. Also, if you can't do it, don't advertise it. Proves to me what kind of company you are. Trying to silence me with 5$ charges if I don't shut up... Really?? How you gonna cash that? Asswipes!

You close tickets all you want, I'll get my refund. Be sure of it!
------
Now officially a new ticket starts, because old ticket got removed on this point. I can't copy paste the exact message I sent then, but I referenced to my tweet about them: https://twitter.com/devnullius/status/671765294701010946

Thank you for contacting our support team. A support ticket has now been opened for your request. You will be notified when a response is made by email. The details of your ticket are shown below.

Subject: Just to let you know
Priority: Low

Follow up on this:
All the best. We don't want your business

Best Regards,
VPNLand Team
------
And again an email from them:

ticket closed. account removed.
we don't need high maintenance "customers"

Best Regards,
VPNLand Team
------
And again an email:

just FYI.

I tested hulu with our server in Seattle and everything worked very well.
Looks someone is lying and that someone works for one of our competitors :(

Best Regards,
VPNLand Team
------
Devnullius responded:

LOL for real??? Just google 'devnullius' and see if I work for anyone.

I tried several times and I can easily send you a screenshot!
------
Devnullius followed up:

And just as an example on HOW BAD your service is... Have you EVER asked which protocol I used? Which city? UDP OR TCP? No, nothing like that. Only thing you said was: "VPN working", NOT EVEN mentioning my HULU question... So yeah, you guys are horrible and I'm glad to expose you. I send ♥ to companies with great support, I send hate to the likes of you.

Re-evaluate your life; you clearly have the wrong job working in customer support. You don't place yourself in the customers place at all!! Same with my username problem... I knew then already you guys SUCK.

So yeah... Competitor? LOL!

======

So... Am I the b*tch or is this the most horrible support ever (except for not-responding at all)?? Luckily, this is EXACTLY the reason I use PayPal. They sold me something which did not work as advertised. And then they even removed my account completely!!

Let me know what you guys think :)

Devvie
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Re: WARNING! Customer services with VPN Land (vpnland.com) - a review
« Reply #1 on: 02. December 2015., 04:21:50 »
They are clearly not a serious bussiness :/

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #2 on: 02. December 2015., 10:39:00 »
They are clearly not a serious bussiness :/

THANK you! :) I'd almost doubt myself ;p Removing a customer's account... Never, ever have I heard of such a thing (except obvious, illegal activities or abuse). I don't even know if it was legal for them to block my account...? I hope PayPal responds soon, cause I'll need the money to pay my new ProXPN lifetime subscription ;p

And on a personal note... I always loved VPNs because it gave me access to pandora and hulu. All I ever wanted or needed.

BUT them times, them are changing... ;-(

Starting next year, even the Netherlands whom always protected illegal downloaders are not safe any longer to download warez related stuff (movies!!). Why? Because the copyright holders ("BREIN" in NL) are going to actively check IP addresses and send out cease and desist letters. First a warning, then a fine of 150 euro. And up... I'm not taking any chances any longer, especially because I once in a while seed Dutch material because it's hard to get and worth to have. I'm just glad I watch all my illegal TV/Movies mostly on awesome websites like http://www.thedaretube.com/tv  ::).

Devvie
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 02. December 2015., 17:57:18 »
I mean really, that's no way to respond. Deleteing a customer account before trying to identify the issue? Unheard of!
In my case, I prefer to avoid VPN usage because lazyness, have you tried making your own proxy, maybe with Amazon EC2 or something?

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #4 on: 02. December 2015., 20:11:51 »
I prefer to avoid VPN usage because laziness, have you tried making your own proxy, maybe with Amazon EC2 or something?
I'd love a proxy, but... Budget! ;p

« Reply #4 on: 02. December 2015., 20:11:51 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #5 on: 05. December 2015., 14:02:51 »
Sometimes logs are clearer than words... I just wanted to share (and warn) everybody about the horrible, horrible customer service I experienced with VPN-Land. I bought a lifetime vpnland subscription the other day. Clearly advertised for hulu.com, it looked like a good deal to add to my collection of vpn solutions.

---

D., thanks for Warning. :up:

-

"VPN-Land" :thumbsdown::police:

Paul Clinton

I like the VPN they provide a lot. My whole family is using this company now and I cannot think of many downsides. Cheap price, reliable and good overall. I can recommend this service to all of my friends.

TheoGil

• SCF Newbie
I like these proven weight loss pills for women and the VPN they provide a lot. My whole family is using this company now and I cannot think of many downsides. Cheap price, reliable and good overall. I can recommend this service to all of my friends.

Anyone still using VPN-Land? How good are they nowadays? I'm about to switch VPNs so I'm wondering if I should straight up avoid this company.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising