• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42939
  • Total Topics: 16139
  • Online Today: 4071
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Windows Vista - Service Pack 2 (download)  (Read 21462 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Windows Vista - Service Pack 2 (download)
« on: 04. March 2009., 20:47:18 »

As expected, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 RC and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 RC is now available to general public for download. You can download the SP2 RC for both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 below:

The service pack is delivered as a single release for both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. There will be a single 32-bit standalone installer (302 MB to 390 MB) for both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. However, there will be two 64-bit standalone installers, including one which covers x64 architectures (508 MB to 622 MB) and one for Itanium 64-bit (384 MB to 396 MB)

Even though the download page and TechNet website still says its SP2 beta, the download file name reveals that this is indeed the SP2 RC build - 6002.16670.090130-1715_iso_update_sp_wave0-RCSP2.0_DVD.iso. This build is the same build sent out to select testers last week.

(NW)

Download (official version): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3&displaylang=en

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Windows Vista - Service Pack 2 (download)
« on: 04. March 2009., 20:47:18 »

mashed

• SCF Member
    • Stressed
Re: Microsoft Readies Vista Service Pack 2 Update (SP2)
« Reply #1 on: 08. March 2009., 20:36:18 »
sounds good if this is going to speed vista up, i might even switch from XP on my 3 year old desktop :)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08. March 2009., 21:47:13 »
sounds good if this is going to speed vista up, i might even switch from XP on my 3 year old desktop :)

This must be something radical with Vista if they want to make any success with this OS.

I have dual boot System XP & Vista, right now I can't remember when I was last time run Vista...

mashed

• SCF Member
    • Stressed
« Reply #3 on: 08. March 2009., 22:56:37 »
Vista 64 is running great on my laptop, but thats a c2d 2.5ghz, with 4gb ram.

my desktop is only an opteron 146 (overclocked to 2.6ghz) with 2gb ram so i'm not sure its worth installing vista just yet, i think the pc will have trouble running the OS aswell as any programs, lol.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 09. March 2009., 09:15:23 »

my desktop is only an opteron 146 (overclocked to 2.6ghz) with 2gb ram so i'm not sure its worth installing vista just yet, i think the pc will have trouble running the OS aswell as any programs, lol.

I think that with this annunciation of increasing Vista performance (with SP2) your Desktop work just fine, but I'll on your place rather make double RAM and go direct to Windows 7...

As I said, I'm not fan of Vista OS...  >:D

« Reply #4 on: 09. March 2009., 09:15:23 »

cozy_dave

• SCF Member
« Reply #5 on: 14. March 2009., 02:45:31 »
hemmmm just wait and see...

mashed

• SCF Member
    • Stressed
« Reply #6 on: 16. March 2009., 20:36:52 »

I think that with this annunciation of increasing Vista performance (with SP2) your Desktop work just fine, but I'll on your place rather make double RAM and go direct to Windows 7...

i think i'll see what the desktop runs like with vista 64 sp2, but more than likely install windows 7 at a later date.  i've not tried windows 7 yet so not sure what to expect.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 16. March 2009., 22:33:05 »

i think i'll see what the desktop runs like with vista 64 sp2, but more than likely install windows 7 at a later date.  i've not tried windows 7 yet so not sure what to expect.

We tried first BETA W7 and it's very similar to Vista (at least to me).

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: 17. March 2009., 04:25:16 »
Switching from XP, where to go?

In my opinion, I'll wait and go for Win7. Win7 is the "enhanced" version of Vista so why bother using Vista instead we can get the new one (Win7).

Heard a lot of good comments on Win7 vs Vista.

Definitely bugs will be just the same, hehehe  ;D.  lol.
Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

mashed

• SCF Member
    • Stressed
« Reply #9 on: 23. March 2009., 20:49:14 »
i ended up installing windows 7 64-bit on my desktop last week.  runs great, i think i prefer it to vista, i like the new taskbar :)

« Reply #9 on: 23. March 2009., 20:49:14 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising