• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3692
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Firefox Turns 5: Happy Birthday Firefox!  (Read 5370 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Firefox Turns 5: Happy Birthday Firefox!
« on: 09. November 2009., 20:54:30 »

On November 9, 2004, Mozilla's Firefox 1.0 debuted and quickly became a serious contender in the ongoing browser wars. At the time, Microsoft's Internet Explorer dominated the market with a 99 percent market share. Five years later, Internet Explorer still reigns at 65 percent, but Firefox comes in second with an impressive 23 percent: http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=1

The battle is far from over, as the field is bloating with more competition. "With additional entrants, most notably Google and Apple, joining the fray there's a massive amount of competition in the browser market that is fueling constant innovation and envelope pushing, from speed and features to the development of the mobile browser," Mozilla wrote in a statement.

Firefox's philosophy is that the Internet is a public resource and should be as accessible and open as possible: http://www.mozilla.org/about/manifesto
Mozilla spreads the word with wide-open arms to developers, who have beefed up the browser's capabilities with more than 7000 add-ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Firefox currently has 330 million users worldwide, and celebrated its 1 billionth download in July.

Mozilla is making headway in releasing the latest iteration of its browser, Firefox 4.0. In preparation for 4.0's late 2010 release, Mozilla released the Firefox beta 3.6 last week, bringing with it loads of new features that serve as a hint of what's to come. Interface mock-ups for 4.0 are sure to set salivary glands into overdrive as it borrows crisp aesthetic cues from Microsoft's Vista and promises massive increases in speed.

Keeping up with the world's current obsession with Internet-ready smartphones, Mozilla is also working on Fennec, a mobile browser.

The celebration doesn't stop with press releases and birthday candles -- Mozilla is launching a worldwide campaign called"Light the World with Firefox" that will blast the Firefox logo into the skies of cities across the globe. Mozilla also released an illustrated YouTube video telling its story over the past five years. Check out the Spread Firefox site for Mozilla's game plan for the next five years: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/5years/en-US/

There's a lot in store for the little browser that could, and I'm certain millions of people are closely watching its evolution as history unfolds before our eyes.

Five Years of Firefox

(PCW)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Firefox Turns 5: Happy Birthday Firefox!
« on: 09. November 2009., 20:54:30 »

sathyag

• SCF Newbie
Re: Firefox Turns 5: Happy Birthday Firefox!
« Reply #1 on: 10. November 2009., 15:29:45 »
I like the FIREFOX most.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIREFOX

stimpy

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 19. November 2009., 03:47:49 »
yeah FireFox!

thanks for all the hard work!

;D

itnerdchris

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 25. November 2009., 20:05:58 »
Fire fox is the best. I love the built in spell checker! I use it at work all of the time. We use sales force for the majority of the work I do. Thanks fire fox! Can't wait for it to come to the iPhone!

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #4 on: 25. November 2009., 21:45:19 »
I love the built in spell checker! I use it at work all of the time.

Same with me, features No1. ;)

« Reply #4 on: 25. November 2009., 21:45:19 »

heridanu

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 17. December 2009., 07:10:44 »
Happy birthday to you.
You're the best

Fafa1

• SCF Member
« Reply #6 on: 12. March 2010., 13:46:08 »
woohoo!

« Reply #6 on: 12. March 2010., 13:46:08 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising