• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42872
  • Total Topics: 16081
  • Online Today: 3929
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: DROP-IN SHREDDING ?!  (Read 11254 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
DROP-IN SHREDDING ?!
« on: 24. January 2014., 22:09:37 »

Dear SCF members,

this time I would to talk about security but not for PCs ;) , let's talk about how to securely destroy confidential documents?

Do you work in an office? At a school, retail site, manufacturer or hospital?

Knowing what to do with paper documents from the minute they’re created to the moment they’re no longer needed is a business imperative today to comply with privacy legislation. A paper shredder is a mechanical device used to cut paper into chad, typically either strips or fine particles. Government organizations, businesses, and private individuals use shredders to destroy private, confidential, or otherwise sensitive documents. Privacy experts often recommend that individuals shred bills, tax documents, credit card and bank account statements, and other items which could be used by thieves to commit fraud or identity theft. More information at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_shredder

This Week I aim to resolve this problem for my company and I'm looking for the best solution on the net... after a while, I found this reputable company - "Drop-In Shredding UK": http://www.shredding-franchise.co.uk/

Drop-In Shredding UK have been providing commercial shredding services for 23 years. Amongst existing and previous clients they count: FTSE 100 companies, foreign embassies, national broadcasters, government departments etc. Through it's shredding collection service they can process up to 1000 tonnes of confidential documents per year. Also, Drop-In Shredding UK handle secure destruction & recycling for all data storage devices and IT equipment. That's also important for my Company. :thumbsup:

Do you have any experience with these services in your Countries?

Cheers!

S.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

DROP-IN SHREDDING ?!
« on: 24. January 2014., 22:09:37 »

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Re: DROP-IN SHREDDING ?!
« Reply #1 on: 25. January 2014., 09:43:36 »
Being paranoid and with quantum computing available on every corner, I would not only shred but also BURN  a large part of them mofos. Sorry environment, but paper shreds can be re-assembled :(

And what about transport of your documents? Who what where?

No, just burn the papers. And the building with it  >:D

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 25. January 2014., 10:03:54 »

I agree, that's key question... as I see, some of them offer to destroy documents in front of you.  :thumbsup:

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #3 on: 25. January 2014., 10:10:07 »

I agree, that's key question... as I see, some of them offer to destroy documents in front of you.  :thumbsup:

I'd start looking for a big empty swimming pool, poot a metal net above it and start moving all shredded papers there. Burn it.
Shred yourself. With trusted small team. Buy your own professional shredder. Cheeper. Most secure. Unless you have to destroy papers regularly. Then, a company is needed. I'd chose the company doing it in front of me :)

Problems problems ;p

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 26. January 2014., 09:58:06 »

I'd start looking for a big empty swimming pool, poot a metal net above it and start moving all shredded papers there. Burn it.
Shred yourself. With trusted small team. Buy your own professional shredder. Cheeper.

Very imaginative. :up:

but

Most secure. Unless you have to destroy papers regularly. Then, a company is needed. I'd chose the company doing it in front of me :)

That is a problem.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: 26. January 2014., 09:58:06 »

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 26. January 2014., 15:13:01 »
Maybe a flamethrower might help? :p

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 26. January 2014., 22:01:33 »
Maybe a flamethrower might help? :p

Something like this will help us:

:up:

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #7 on: 26. January 2014., 22:16:15 »
I knew one day you would see it my way y'all  :-*

Next step: Avast  >:D

devnullius

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 28. January 2014., 00:18:12 »
I knew one day you would see it my way y'all  :-*

Next step: Avast  >:D

devnullius

For the start of changes, one shocking news... before few days I uninstalled McAfee AV because it to the deaths slowed my laptop.

Now I use "Panda 'Cloud' FREE Antivirus": http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,2708.0.html and it work like a charm (with exception few "minor" problems with SCF Toolbar: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,714.0.html )

FYI, old McAfee FW is still there. ;)

Are you satisfied with my honesty?

P.S.

Please, no jokes... ;D

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #9 on: 28. January 2014., 00:42:05 »
Nooooo not Panda!!!  :-\

Why???

:(

Sigh ;(

:-X

« Reply #9 on: 28. January 2014., 00:42:05 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising