• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3726
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Panda 'Cloud' FREE Antivirus (download)  (Read 51946 times)

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
Panda 'Cloud' FREE Antivirus (download)
« on: 29. April 2009., 17:07:08 »

Panda Cloud Antivirus - The first FREE Antivirus from the cloud with the power of a global community.

Panda use cloud computing technology, which they call Collective Intelligence, to detect viruses, malware, rootkits, and heuristics. It takes advantage of "millions of users," according to Panda, to identify new malware almost in real time. Panda says that Collective Intelligence can classify new malware in under six minutes, and that it handles more than 50,000 new samples per day. The Cloud Antivirus works by classifying threats into executables that must be scanned immediately, and non-executables that are checked at a lower priority--usually when the computer is idle.

Features:

- Antivirus & Antispyware protection from the cloud

- Anti-Rootkits protection against hidden threats

- Online & Offline permanent protection

- Improved offline protection by disabling Autorun on your PC

- Behavioral blocking of new & unknown threats

- Advanced configuration and exclusion for experts

- Product localized into 20 different languages

Download: http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/forHome/
Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Panda 'Cloud' FREE Antivirus (download)
« on: 29. April 2009., 17:07:08 »

azazur

• SCF Member
Re: Panda 'Cloud' (download)
« Reply #1 on: 01. May 2009., 07:08:04 »
ok will test it .but question is , how secure it is?
is that free version can delete all virus which it able to detect?

Zhang Fei

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 07. May 2009., 17:38:19 »
For the curious, Panda Security is an EU company founded in Spain, not a Chinese one, as might be implied by its namesake. I personally think - given the recent disclosures about Chinese hackers tied to the Chinese government - that the Panda name is definitely an unfortunate one for a computer security company.

lithium

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: 28. May 2009., 19:45:00 »
ok will test it .but question is , how secure it is?
is that free version can delete all virus which it able to detect?

My name’s Sean-Paul and I'm a Threat Researcher and Security Evangelist at Panda, and I just came across this thread. I'm excited to see the discussion here on Cloud Antivirus.

azazur - to answer your question, it detects just as much as other Panda AV products, so it's pretty secure.

With that said, I hope you're liking Cloud Antivirus, and please let me know your experience and thoughts with the product. It's very helpful to hear feedback since this is a beta.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #4 on: 29. May 2009., 08:13:09 »

Hi Sean-Paul and Welcome to SCF Community.

In my opinion this project is excellent. :thumbsup: 

As I remember Microsoft have similar project with Windows Defender (formerly Windows AntiSpyware) caled SpyNet??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_SpyNet

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/b15d099f-68f5-4512-8bd2-68dd0dc9875e1033.mspx

Also I have another question, I want to test by myself "Cloud" AV but I'm not sure did I need to uninstall my current AV (McAfee VSE 8.5i)??

I would also like to hear your Feedback about our work here and SCF Community??

Best Regards,

Samker

P.S.

I'll make this Topic sticky in SCF AntiVirus section to increase view/read statistics...  ;)

« Reply #4 on: 29. May 2009., 08:13:09 »

lithium

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: 02. June 2009., 01:34:20 »

Hi Sean-Paul and Welcome to SCF Community.

In my opinion this project is excellent. :thumbsup: 

As I remember Microsoft have similar project with Windows Defender (formerly Windows AntiSpyware) caled SpyNet??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_SpyNet

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/b15d099f-68f5-4512-8bd2-68dd0dc9875e1033.mspx

Also I have another question, I want to test by myself "Cloud" AV but I'm not sure did I need to uninstall my current AV (McAfee VSE 8.5i)??

I would also like to hear your Feedback about our work here and SCF Community??

Best Regards,

Samker

P.S.

I'll make this Topic sticky in SCF AntiVirus section to increase view/read statistics...  ;)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Collective Intelligence does have some similar characteristics as Microsoft’s SpyNet, but it’s much more than that. If you want to learn more about it in detail, we have some really great in-depth content posted on the Cloud Antivirus blog. Here's the link: http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/

Regarding the uninstall, yes you do need to uninstall any other AV program you have running, as Cloud Antivirus AV is a full AV product with real-time protection. We also touch on this on the blog, but if Cloud Antivirus detects the presence of another AV, the Cloud Antivirus install will likely be stopped.

Great forum, and again, thanks for the welcome into your community.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #6 on: 02. June 2009., 12:37:07 »
You welcome my friend and thanks for positive feedback about SCF...  :thumbsup:

As I said earlier you can count on SCF Support for this project, I'll also test this AV (when find some free time for (un)install) and provide you my feedback and experience in some of next reply...

Best Regards,

Samker

P.S.

My compliment for yours Blog and one question: is there some possibility to add link to SCforum.info on your Security Blogs List??

P.P.S

I'll right now add your Link to our Link Exchange Directory  ;) : http://scforum.info/index.php?action=links

danbsfc

• SCF Member
« Reply #7 on: 03. August 2009., 16:01:38 »
it is fast but wouldnt trust it as main security program seems to lightweight

devilishere

• SCF Member
« Reply #8 on: 22. September 2009., 08:27:03 »
@ Sean-Paul
Its providing a really good protection Sean-Paul. I have given some feedback too about the product. The version that is for download on www.cloudantivirus.com detects many viruses but it just blocks it. The file remains at the place where it actually is. I suggested the support forum to introduce a feature in which when a virus is detected it automatically removes it(completely) from the PC and if it can't, the feature will provide option of deleting it or moving it to quarantine. The feature is available in main Panda software like Panda AV and Panda IS. This feature is basic one and its present in almost all free AVs like avira, Avast, AVG....many other.

I really appreciate the initiative you people have taken to make such a great security software and provide them free, but the feature which i am talking about is a basic one. Please Note it and try to include it in your next update...

Thanks...
DEVILISHERE

mindfrost82

• SCF Member
« Reply #9 on: 30. September 2009., 14:59:42 »
Isn't this similar to the new Artemis system in McAfee Enterprise?  It sends a hash out to one of the McAfee servers to check it against possible new spyware/malware.

« Reply #9 on: 30. September 2009., 14:59:42 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising