SCF Advanced Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 34726
  • Total Topics: 10338
  • Online Today: 1530
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Ran a Spy Sweep and found viruses. Please help get rid of!  (Read 30077 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Ran a Spy Sweep and found viruses. Please help get rid of!
« Reply #40 on: 21. January 2008., 11:38:47 »
Abby,

for this:

A new little annoyance that developed a day ago was SpyBot trying to block just about every website I go on saying that it detected TagASaurus and I should deny the URL. Once I hit 'Deny' it still lets me on, but it did get pretty annoying after a while.

Turn Off (disable) Tea Timer inside of Spybot Search & Destroy

for this:

The only main problem I encounter now is the debugging error pop-ups.

I'll check your dad's log and again think about this last problem.  :)

Until that use Firefox for surfing, hope we will finish this repair soon.  ;)

Regards to you and your Family,

Samker

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #40 on: 21. January 2008., 11:38:47 »
Sponsored Links:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 21. January 2008., 12:10:32 »
Abby,

let we try these solutions:

1. Open your Control Panel

2. Open Ad Remove Programs

3. Uninstall Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer

4. Uninstall Java (J2SE Runtime ...) (maybe you have few of them, uninstall all)

5. Download and install latest version of Java: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Test Your PC and provide me results!

abby4567

• SCF Member
« Reply #42 on: 21. January 2008., 20:54:59 »
Hi again!

After I finally figured out how to disable Teatime in Spybot, I realized that it was already disabled. And I still get those pop-ups. I went to check my Yahoo email and everytime I loaded a new page, I got the error. So I don't know why I'm getting them. I can provide a screenshot, if you would like.

I opened Add/Remove programs and uninstalled Java, then reinstalled it from the link you gave me. I went to uninstall Google toolbar, but it wasn't there. It must have already been uninstalled for some reason.

To sum it up, the only two main problems I'm encountering is the runtime errors (mainly on my mom's account) and the Spybot errors (As far as I know, mostly on my account. Maybe a few on my mom's). My Dad doesn't use this computer much, so I don't have much to report about his account.

Thanks again for all your continued help!

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 21. January 2008., 21:13:47 »
Hi Abby,

it's look like your PC have some strange errors :-\

Thanks again for all your continued help!

We are here to help our Members.  ;)

cya later with your next reports,

S.

abby4567

• SCF Member
« Reply #44 on: 23. January 2008., 20:56:41 »
Hi!

I uninstalled Spybot a day or so ago and all the Spybot-related errors have been fixed. Should I reinstall it? It did find and get rid of a lot of things at one point, so I figured it must have been important.

I also installed Google toolbar and then uninstalled it.

I don't know why, but the debugging errors have seem to gone away. I'll keep checking to see if they come back and get back to you on that one.   ;D

Thanks again,

Abby

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #45 on: 24. January 2008., 08:15:12 »
Hi Abby,

it's look like we resolve this!?

I uninstalled Spybot a day or so ago and all the Spybot-related errors have been fixed. Should I reinstall it? It did find and get rid of a lot of things at one point, so I figured it must have been important.

Spybot is good tool, but probably there is a some "bug" (inside of this version) anyway you have Ad-Aware which is also excellent.

I also installed Google toolbar and then uninstalled it.
I don't know why, but the debugging errors have seem to gone away. I'll keep checking to see if they come back and get back to you on that one.

Probably this toolbar make all this trouble but we will see that later. Provide us information after some period.

And for the end one important information: Now you have installed Kaspersky AntiVirus Protection but Trial version (only 30-day), after that period they will stop to make automatic update. That's a big problem, because after some period they will stop to protect you.

I'll suggest you to buy full version, maybe Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 which we provide from our main page. In the addition if you buy Kaspersky via SCforum you will also get one special gift and that is one time FREE Remote Assist Help: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,1242.0.html

That's all for now Abby, regards to You and your Family.

Samker

abby4567

• SCF Member
« Reply #46 on: 28. January 2008., 03:18:37 »
Samker,

Thank you again so much for all your help!

It appears that the computer is finally fixed. There are a few small things I've noticed, but nothing major. It's running just as well as ever!

I will most likely be buying Kapersky before the trial ends, I just need to figure out when that is, and I'll be sure to do it through your site.

I'll always remember this forum if I have computer errors again and I'll give you an update in a little while to let you know how things are going. Thanks again!!!

Best Wishes,
Abby

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #47 on: 28. January 2008., 20:21:12 »
Hi Abby,

your Kaspersky Trial period will expire in about next 15 days, anyway thank you for your nice words about us and our work. :angel:

Of course if you (or your family, friends ...) in the future have any kind of PC problem feel free to came back.

All the Best,

Samker & SCF Team

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising