• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42868
  • Total Topics: 16077
  • Online Today: 2411
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Apple may have known of huge iCloud security hole 6 months ago  (Read 8249 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
FROM: http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/24/apple-may-have-known-of-huge-icloud-security-hole-6-months-ago/

Apple received an alert that it had a glaring hole in the security of its iCloud service six months before myriad celebrities like Rihanna and Jennifer Lawrence had private nude photographs boosted from their accounts and posted online.

While it’s not clear if that vulnerability led to the nude leaks, Apple apparently brushed off the concerns of software programmer Ibrahim Balic, who approached the company with a formula he used to breach the iCloud firewall in March. Balic posted the email exchange with the Daily Dot.

The London-based Balic made clear, at least in his multiple emails to Apple, that he’d devised a method of successfully breaching the iCloud firewall, using brute force attacks that throw a fast and continual stream of number-and-letter combinations at user accounts. Brute force attacks ultimately led to the nude celebrity scandal that is still reverberating. Balic told Apple that by using brute force attacks, he was able to hurl 20,000 password combination tries at iCloud accounts.

What’s clear is Balic is a white hatter who threw Apple a bone. In the Daily Dot piece, Balic shared his exasperation of being ignored by Apple when he broached the issue with them. Ultimately, Balic is using the case to illustrate how Apple and others white hatters seriously when they reach out and tell them they have a problem.

More about Apple: http://www.vbprofiles.com/companies/apple-3e122f809e597c10000003fc
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

krishna88

• SCF Advanced Member
Re: Apple may have known of huge iCloud security hole 6 months ago
« Reply #1 on: 29. November 2017., 13:44:24 »
Hi @devnullius,

The icloud security has become much more secure these days, When someone access iCloud services with Apple's built-in apps (for example, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar apps on iOS or macOS), the authentication is handled using a secure token. Using secure tokens eliminates the need to store your iCloud password on devices and computers.

Source Link - https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202303

josef

« Reply #2 on: 05. October 2018., 12:17:36 »
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work. I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea.

Mattlevy

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 25. October 2018., 12:55:04 »
Easier than ever! Security Made in Germany

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 25. October 2018., 12:55:04 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising