• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3857
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: HostScore - New data-driven way to measure the quality of a web host !!!  (Read 13198 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Problems with choosing a web hosting for your website:

1. Biggest wallet always wins - Too many hosting reviews are wrecked by affiliate commission.

2. Too many fake user reviews - hosting companies hire fake reviewers to work for them (or work against their competitors).

3. Too many choices - there are literally tens of thousands of hosting companies to choose from. People have their own preferences and needs - which make their recommendations not-so-useful (see images).

I am sure many of you have the same issues - which is why I am happy to see the born of HostScore.net - a new project by my friend from Malaysia - Jerry Low. :up:

HostScore is a new, data-driven way to measure the quality of a web host.

It’s a site worth sharing here because:

1. Transparency - Their host ranking algorithm and business relationship with other companies are published openly.

2. Data Driven - HostScore system is designed in a way where the owner will only have 20% saying power in the final ratings.

3. Consistency is measured - Many hosting reviews were done based on testing in a short period, which is not ideal. HostScore monitor hosting performance regularly. Server response speed is measured every 4 hours from 10 locations, up-time is measured every 5 minutes.

4. Verified user reviews only - HostScore.net only publish and count reviews from manually verified users (using LinkedIn or Facebook). So you’ll get less chance bumping into zombie reviewers there. 

Jerry would like to hear about your experience in choosing a web host and opinions about HostScore.net.

Thus I am starting this thread. :bih:

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising