• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4857
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: .NET Framework 2.0 will not uninstall or repair  (Read 12092 times)

havocknox

• SCF VIP Member
  • No picture can discribe me!
.NET Framework 2.0 will not uninstall or repair
« on: 27. October 2009., 15:07:50 »
Heya guys, been really busy lately lot of bugs and errors been hitting me.  The biggest ones recently have to Deal with Windows XP SP 3 and .NET Frameworks.  For the past few weeks I been getting some updates that failed to install for .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.5.  I have tried uninstalling them but they will not uninstall, I tried repairing them, just get a setup error. I finally have a week of troubleshooting for .NET Framework 3.5 to uninstall and reinstalled it.  Now it seems to work ok, but still having trouble with .NET Framework 2.0.  If  anyone has any ideas (my mind is hurting trying to figure this one out) I would be most appreciated.  Ok well please let me know if you have any ideas this way I can move on to other problems I am having...(hint Sun Machine is about to die.)
Jeremy McBurney
Computer Consultant
Jeremy's Computer Consulting

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

.NET Framework 2.0 will not uninstall or repair
« on: 27. October 2009., 15:07:50 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: .NET Framework 2.0 will not uninstall or repair
« Reply #1 on: 27. October 2009., 22:52:17 »

Hi H., please take a look here: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,3333.0.html
until We find some new solution... ;)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #2 on: 27. October 2009., 23:40:01 »
Few more info's and ideas for you  ;) :

1. solution
Uninstalling or removing .NET Framework from the computer is a real pain. Most of the time it is not possible to completely remove .NET Framework via standard ‘Add or Remove Programs’.  The article explain you the how to uninstall any versions of Microsoft .NET Framework if the uninstall process fails.

The most important thing to remember is that different version of .NET Framework (.NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5) are not independent versions of the framework. The latest version is on top of the previous one. That means, you can have .NET Framework 2.0 without .NET Framework 3.0 and .NET Framework 3.5 but you cannot install .NET Framework 3.5 without 3.0 and 2.0.

With Aaron Stebner’s .NET Framework Cleanup Tool 6.0.3790 you can easily remove Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. along with free support. The tool return your computer to a known state in case you are encountering .NET Framework installation, uninstallation, repair or patching errors so that you can try to install again. If you have installed multiple .net frameworks on your PC, the tool will uninstall them completely.

Net Framework Cleanup Tool removes files, directories, registry keys and values and Windows Installer product registration information for the .NET Framework. The tool also remove any associated hotfixes and service packs without running any separate steps to remove the service pack(s) for a version of the .NET Framework. With .NET Framework Cleanup Tool 6.0.3790 you can quickly remove/uninstall the .NET Framework on Windows 7. Earlier version do not support Windows 7 as the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 are all installed as OS components on Windows 7 and you can only turn off the .NET Framework. Additional functionality includes - Added detection and logging for the .NET Framework 4 and Preventing cleanup of mscoree.dll on Vista and higher.

When is .NET Framework Cleanup Tool useful?

1. Installing or uninstalling a specific product consistently fails on your computer and you want to remove any leftover files and settings before trying again
   2. Your computer’s registry becomes corrupt
   3. Someone inadvertently changes a registry setting used by the Windows Installer, resulting in a problem
   4. The installation of a program that uses Windows Installer (for example, .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0) is interrupted

Download:
http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

2. solution
Read through this first and be sure you understand the instructions. Be aware that these are AS-IS instructions and tools that you use at your own risk.

Try this:

Error 25015: Failed to install assembly...0x80131107

Follow the steps below to rename the .NET 2.0 folder.

1. Right-click the Start button and then choose Explore.
   2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework.
   3. Right-click the v2.0.50727 folder, and the select Rename

1. Type Type v2.0.50727-OLD, and then press Enter.
v2.0.50727-OLD, and then press Enter.
Type v2.0.50727-OLD, and then press Enter.

1. Install NET Framework 2.0 again.

If you still have .NET Framework errors after that try the following:

1. Close all browser windows and programs.
   2. Download the .NET cleanup tool and save it on your desktop: http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/cms/docs/download-install-update/cleanup_tool.exe
   3. Run the tool by double-clicking the download on your desktop.

4. Restart your computer.
5. Install .NET Framwork 2.0.

Note: The updated version of the .NET cleanup tool above is from Aaron Stebner's WebLog: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx
Stebner is a Microsoft employee and .NET expert.

IMPORTANT:
You should visit his weblog site and read the information about how and when you should use his utility tool.

There are a couple of very important caveats that you should read before using this tool to cleanup .NET Framework bits on your machine:

1. This tool is designed as a last resort for cases where install, uninstall or repair did not succeed for unusual reasons. It is not intended as a substitute for the standard uninstall procedure. You should try to perform an uninstall from Add/Remove Programs before using this cleanup tool.
   2. This cleanup tool will delete shared files and registry keys used by other versions of the .NET Framework. If you run the cleanup tool, you will need to perform a repair or reinstall for all other versions of the .NET Framework that are on your computer to get them to work correctly afterwards.

3. solution

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077

Hope some of this will help you??

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #2 on: 27. October 2009., 23:40:01 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising