• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3770
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Emachines Laptop power probz ??  (Read 6419 times)

Stevicus

• SCF Newbie
Emachines Laptop power probz ??
« on: 26. April 2012., 16:42:32 »
One of my sproggs friends has asked me to look at her emachines E627 but im not too sure of the power supply, it seems to work plugged in but the battery does not charge & one has to be very careful when touching the wire as it can shutdown the system in the middle of something.
I left it alone charging for 6 hrs but the battery held no charge and the bottom of the laptop was very warm. Now im not sure if buying a new battery will resolve the issues or might it be something to do with the power socket ?
Any help would be appreciated..

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Emachines Laptop power probz ??
« on: 26. April 2012., 16:42:32 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Emachines Laptop battery problem
« Reply #1 on: 26. April 2012., 21:20:22 »

I'm 90% sure that your friend need new battery...  :-\

By the way, here you have one interesting article "Great Tips To Emachines E725 E630 E627 E625 Notebook Battery": http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Great-Tips-To-Emachines-E725-E630-E627-E625-Notebook-Battery/3243185

P.S.

Since I'm not hardware expert, please wait for more replies from SCforum's Members. ;)

Stevicus

• SCF Newbie
Re: Emachines Laptop power probz ??
« Reply #2 on: 27. April 2012., 00:09:14 »
Thanx Sam the article was hard work but a good effort for someone whos first language is obviously not English, i did glean some useful info from it though.

Im still not sure its the battery as the voltage route from the battery could be faulty isolating the battery from the charger. I need more knowledge before i splash out.

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 27. April 2012., 01:28:51 »
Looks like the battery ended it's life span...

Stevicus

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: 27. April 2012., 18:59:34 »
Thank you guys; you are right on with the battery replacement but i feel sure i will have to replace the pwr socket too. I have ordered a new socket because im not happy that the machine powers off when you touch the wire slightly, i should think the pwr would be constant & stable if its being fed directly from the pwr lead and that the dead battery would simply mean loss of portability.
It would be helpful of someone could explain this to me as my knowledge in this area is somewhat lacking ..

« Reply #4 on: 27. April 2012., 18:59:34 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #5 on: 29. April 2012., 20:15:17 »
... i will have to replace the pwr socket too. I have ordered a new socket because im not happy that the machine powers off when you touch the wire slightly, i should think the pwr would be constant & stable if its being fed directly from the pwr lead and that the dead battery would simply mean loss of portability.

Absolutely, in most cases problem with unstable "electricity source" will cause much bigger (fatal) problem with motherboard...

jasonmilsont

• SCF Member
« Reply #6 on: 16. August 2012., 19:05:23 »
Notebooks have in designed program that gives alerts in occasion of any mistake. Examine with the instructions to know what mistake the caution call is notifying about. Fix the issue accordingly.

« Reply #6 on: 16. August 2012., 19:05:23 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising