• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42955
  • Total Topics: 16151
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: (new) app: "secret" for iOS Androïd (not available) - USA only, Facebook killer?  (Read 3473 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up for Secret?

Currently Secret is available on iOS in the US only. Download Secret from the App Store here. Or head to http://secret.ly and enter your phone number to get a download link sent to your phone.

I’m not in the US, can I still use Secret?

We’re currently available only in the US and Canada and working to roll out Secret in other countries as soon as possible.

It says "Invalid phone number" when I try to sign up

Your phone might be set to the incorrect Region Format for your US phone number. Go to Settings > General > International > Region Format and make sure it's set to United States.

Who can see my posts?

Your secrets are delivered anonymously to the people in your Contacts who are on Secret. They can view, love and comment on your post. When friends love your secret, it will be shared to their friends. If they love the post, it can reach even further.

When your secret travels beyond two degrees, it will be marked with your general location, like “California”. People beyond two degrees will be able to love your post or comments, but won’t be able to add comments to the conversation.

Can I see which friends are already on Secret?

To protect privacy and ensure anonymity, it’s not possible to see which of your friends are already on Secret. We may show you the total number of friends you have on Secret, but never specific people.

How do you ensure my posts are anonymous?

We designed Secret to protect your identity to the best of our ability. While we can’t prevent you from taking a photo of something your friends may recognize, we can prevent your friends from triangulating who you are. We do this a couple of ways:

You won’t see specific information (e.g. "Friend" or "Friend of friend") if you don’t yet have enough friends on Secret - what you will see is "Your Circle" on those posts;
Until you have at least three friends sharing, we’ll withhold secrets to ensure we can protect anonymity -- with more than three friends, you’ll see all secrets in random order;
Your posts may be delivered at a random interval so you can share a secret while you’re in the same room as someone else without making it a dead giveaway.
Does the Secret team know who posts what?

All of your posts are encrypted such that nobody, especially our team, can see your content. Your secrets are safe with us.

How do I add friends?

When you sign up, you’re automatically connected to the people in your Contacts who are also on Secret. Make sure that you've given Secret access to your contacts through your iOS settings. Connections are made by matching on email address and/or phone number. On Secret, these are your “Friends”. We do this all without uploading contact details to our servers.

To add more friends (and see more secrets), go to the Invite Friends option in your Notifications section.

Can I edit my posts?

You can delete and re-post your secrets to make changes to the text or image. Don’t worry, you have several seconds before your secrets are shared to your friends, so if autocorrect gets you, just swipe left or tap the "..." icon to delete the post.

What if I only have a few friends on Secret?

To maintain anonymity, you need to have a minimum of three friends sharing on Secret before we show you any friends’ posts. We’ll never explicitly tell you which of your friends are on Secret to protect identities. You can invite more friends to Secret by going to the Invite Friends option in your Notifications section.

What if I see something inappropriate?

You decide which secrets spread within Secret. If you see something you think is inappropriate, you can swipe left or tap the "..." icon to Hide or Report the post. To report a specific comment within a secret simply swipe left on the comment in question. Use your voting power for good.

By the way, if you really don’t like what you’re seeing, you can block someone, which will prevent you from seeing all their future secrets. To block someone, report a post and choose "Report & Block". Be warned, this is irreversible.

What if I forget my password?

If you can’t recall your password, try your best guess in the password field. If it isn’t correct, click the “Forgot” option and you can get a reset link via your phone number or account email address.

How can I change my phone number or email?

If you need to make changes to your phone number or email address, just email us for help.

I have a US phone number but got an “Invalid phone number” error when I try to sign up. Help!

On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > International > Region Format and change the format to United States. Then try to sign up for Secret again. If you still see the error message, email concierge@secret.ly for help.

How do I join the team?

We love working with people who make us and the things they touch better. Right now, we're looking for folks with deep expertise in Android development, community management, and data analytics. Feel free to email us at work@secret.ly and tell us more about yourself, even if you don't see an exact fit.

How do I delete my account?

If you'd like to delete your account, please email us and we'll help you.
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Currently Secret is available on iOS :thumbsdown: in the US only. :thumbsdown:

However, D. thanks for info. :thumbsup:

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising