• Total Members: 14187
  • Latest: focel
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43304
  • Total Topics: 16434
  • Online Today: 3455
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Dark_Alex quits the custom firmware scene, PSP users mourn  (Read 3603 times)

Amker

• SCF Global Moderator
    • SCforum.info
Dark_Alex has had a good run. As one of the most prolific developers in the homebrew scene, with custom firmware for the PSP coming sometimes days after Sony publishes new firmware updates, he has been the star of the underground hacking community for the PSP for a long time. He has made sure all of us gamers can both keep our emulators and play the latest retail games on the PSP, and I always felt better sleeping at night knowing that Dark_Alex was out there somewhere, working on making my PSP more flexible.  Now it's time for sleepless nights with no heir to the throne: Dark_Alex is retiring. 

Bye, scene.

I've decided to cease OE development, and leave PSP scene.
The reasons are various.
One of them is the time it consumes, which i'm losing from other things.
The other is related to my security. I didn't like Sony menaces to PS3 hackers.
I think it is better to leave now rather than end paying the consequences.

Sony has never been happy with the work of people like Dark_Alex, but few of us thought that he would feel the pressure and quit the scene. Of course, this could always be a retirement in the Celine Dion sense, and you have to think that someone like Dark_Alex is going to miss the attention and fun that the cat and mouse game with Sony provided. We wish Dark_Alex the best, and we hope that someone, or a team of someones, will soon take his place.
ars tehnica
# Online Anti-Malware Scanners: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Kursevi kodiranja za ucenike u Sarajevu

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising