• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42955
  • Total Topics: 16151
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Yahoo Messenger Audibles Not Working? Try This!  (Read 5202 times)

Amker

• SCF Global Moderator
    • SCforum.info
Yahoo Messenger Audibles Not Working? Try This!
« on: 25. August 2007., 16:55:57 »
The Yahoo Messenger audibles are some tiny interactive animations and sounds that can be sent between two contacts connected to the Yahoo network. Sometimes, for numerous reasons, the audibles might stop working 
and some of the users try anything from reinstalling Yahoo  Messenger to changing the instant messaging
client's settings to default. "Audibles are small, animated images accompanied by sound bytes. Use them to bring some life and surprise to IM conversations," the Sunnyvale company tries to define the 'audibles' term.

Personally, I don't find audibles as something useful so I decided to turn them off. Now, nobody can ever send me this kind of annoying sound. But because I heard a lot of people are addicted to Yahoo Messenger's audibles, I felt that it's the time to explain you how you can repair this function if it's broken. First of all, how can you find out if your audibles are broken and can be repaired? Well, instead of that animated pictures, you should see only a loading sign that might trick some of you into waiting for something to happen.

If you didn't know, the audibles are based on Macromedia Flash Player so, if you already installed it but the images don't show up, then it's a problem with the add-on. If you've never installed Flash Player, then you know what you must do. The Macromedia Flash Player can be found here. It is recommended to install this software with Internet Explorer. After the installation is completed, you must restart your Yahoo Messenger client but no reboot of your computer is required.

As always, you can download the latest version of Yahoo Messenger straight from Softpedia using this link. If you want to disable the audibles completely, you can find a special function in the Yahoo Messenger settings panel.
cw
# Online Anti-Malware Scanners: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Yahoo Messenger Audibles Not Working? Try This!
« on: 25. August 2007., 16:55:57 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising