• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Issue with using IE and Chrome when activing Paypal on Itunes.  (Read 2335 times)

DMShuman

• SCF Member
Just and FYI if anyone is trying like me to active PayPal for ITunes.  Both IE and Chrome would report back that PayPal was active but ITunes never really finish the handshake between both applications.  Turned out that only Safari would work.  Go Figure.  I spent hours on the phone with Apple before I discovered I had to use Safari to complete the configuration. 

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: PayPal for ITunes - use Safari browser for activation
« Reply #1 on: 06. September 2015., 08:41:06 »
Pal, thanks for info. :thumbsup:

I suppose that there is some problem with security settings in IE & Chrome... but Safari (Apple's product) is pre-configured "well".

Here is one "related" situation: http://forum.bigcommerce.com/f5/customers-unable-to-checkout-with-paypal-in-chrome-22742/

Matt Williams (2)  Offline
Member Posts: 224
#4 02-18-2015, 10:15 AM

In case anyone is interested, I pasted Paypal's response below. I confirmed this issue myself, so did at least 1 customer, and I actually stumbled into the problem again today when I was making a purchase on someone else's website.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal Business Support I it’s my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for providing that information. We are aware of the compatibility issue between PayPal and google chrome. Google Chrome doesn’t always play friendly with PayPal and our technical department is aware and are working to improve this function. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may be causing."

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: PayPal for ITunes - use Safari browser for activation
« Reply #1 on: 06. September 2015., 08:41:06 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising