• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42945
  • Total Topics: 16144
  • Online Today: 4434
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Multiple Viruses? (vista internet security 2010, clean, delete, remove, fix)  (Read 5544 times)

Poseidon215

• SCF Member
Ok, I have a laptop that over the past few weeks has become almost unusable......I get pop ups about a vista internet security 2010, I cannot open any type of program whatsoever all I get is a box asking what to open it with, and down at bottom right on toolbar there is nothing but battery meter and clock all other programs are gone and I think they r truly not running......any suggestions?

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Ok, I have a laptop that over the past few weeks has become almost unusable......I get pop ups about a vista internet security 2010, I cannot open any type of program whatsoever all I get is a box asking what to open it with, and down at bottom right on toolbar there is nothing but battery meter and clock all other programs are gone and I think they r truly not running......any suggestions?

Hi P. and Welcome to SCF Community.

Probably you're infected with some rogue "AntiVirus" malware, but don't worry SCF Team will help you to clean your PC. ;)

For the start We need some information:

1. Provide us all possible details related to yours problems / infection.

2. Run Kaspersky or BitDefender Online AntiVirus Scan: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

3. Download & run HijackThis: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,785.0.html

4. Provide us logs from HijackThis & Kaspersky Online Scan

We will wait your reply (with logs).

Regards,

S.

splur

• SCF Member
If you have "Vista Internet Security 2010" specifically (there's various rogue AVs out there, simply varying in name), you can do this.

1.  In task manager (ctrl-alt-del), kill this process.
av.exe

2.  In regedit, delete these registry values.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "%1" %*
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "%1" %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "%1" %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "%1" %*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe" /START "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center "AntiVirusOverride" = "1"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center "FirewallOverride" = "1"

3.  Delete the files.
%UserProfile%\\AppData\\Local\\av.exe
%UserProfile%\\AppData\\Local\\WRblt8464P
search for av.exe and delete any more

4.  Get a virusscan and scan your computer.

krrjhn

• SCF Advanced Member
I think bitdefender 2011 free download is the best option for you, if you want to secure your PC from any type of viruses and spywares  dont wait just download this software and scan your PC.........!!

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising