• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42984
  • Total Topics: 16176
  • Online Today: 4678
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: [solved] Titanium Backup Pro keeps hanging / stalling / doing nothing :S  (Read 3954 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
For almost a week now I'm playing and testing Apps restoration with Titanium backup Pro.

I encountered many problems*

I think I now may add 1 reason for these problems.

To my surprise, with the latest (!) version restoration of Apps & Settings would sometimes go without a glitch, and sometimes would hang / stall / idle / do nothing time over time again while restoring.

What's going wrong is that I sometimes have my phone connected through USB with my computer. Remember, TTB needs USB debugging enabled. Dunno why, but it warns for this. When connected to my PC, the mysterious hangs would occur.

When connected to the wall socket (power!), all went well...

S I G H

Not much Karma,

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Conare nullius momenti videri fortasse missilibus careant
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)

* http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8226.msg20934.html#msg20934
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
The USB Debugging comes because some SU binaries (like superuser) need USB Debigging ON in order to work properly :p
From what I know, superSU and koushik's SU don't need that.
Remember that if you mount the sd for the PC, android loses access to the FAT partition, where the backups are located.

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
I'm on superSU, so that should be ok :)

But...

"Remember that if you mount the sd for the PC, android loses access to the FAT partition, where the backups are located."

Not true*, at least not on my Siii. I am now copying clockworkmod folder from extSDcard through Windows and still can browse the external card locally...

Till repost :)

devnullius

* but I'm not sure if I'm actually on FAT or on something different...
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
At least that's how 2.x worked... I don't remember reading they changed that...
Maybe a byproduct of SD emulation on S3?

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising