• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Sym Endpoint Prot blocking internet on new router  (Read 10220 times)

FuzzSummit

• SCF Newbie
Sym Endpoint Prot blocking internet on new router
« on: 15. January 2011., 02:59:37 »
I'm running a Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with Win 7 Professional (x64), Intel i7 dual core 1.73GHz, 8GB RAM, 300GB HDD.  I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6005.562.

I've been connecting using a Qwest DSL wireless router for several years.  I just changed today from DSL to Comcast cable internet running through a new Belkin N-Share 300 wireless router.

When I connect to the new wireless router (protected) it connects fine and Windows shows that I have internet access.

If I fire up the browser and navigate to any website, it comes up, but then immediately SEP gives me a warning that
Traffic from IP address 192.168.2.1 is blocked from xxx (time) to yyy (time).  Denial of Service is logged.

It then blocks all internet traffic for 10 minutes (from xxx to yyy in the warning message).  When I go into the Client Management Log, it shows
Denial of Service "UDP Flood Attack" attack detected. An excessive numbe rof User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets are being generated on this computer causing 100% CPU utilization.

After the 10-minute period is up, I can navigate to another page/link and then I get the same message again.

I am able to connect and browse fine through this router with my other machine (running AVG).

Any ideas why SEP is blocking my internet traffic?

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Sym Endpoint Prot blocking internet on new router
« on: 15. January 2011., 02:59:37 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Hi FS and Welcome to SCF Community.

First of all please check do you have installed this Patch: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=AL1055&key=54619&actp=LIST

I think that it's for your version?

After that check do you still have same problems?

If you do, please download and use "The Symantec Endpoint Protection Support Tool": http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH105414

Don't forget to provide us results...
;)

Regards,

S.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising