• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Mcafee virusscan enterprise, update to version 8.8 ??  (Read 16178 times)

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
Hai guys im new to this forum and i'm using mcafee virus scan enterprise 8.7i version. And i would like to update to 8.8 with latest patch 5. I'm little bit confusion about this update could anyone please guide me to update???? Thanks in advance :D :D :D

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Re: Mcafee virusscan enterprise, update to version 8.8 ??
« Reply #1 on: 21. July 2015., 03:55:40 »
In this case you are looking for an upgrade, for that case you should have to download 8.8 full installer with your grant number.

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 21. July 2015., 09:43:40 »
I download 8.8 from some site i dont know the exact site and im not using any grant number to download it. But my question is when im installing 8.8 with the default patch it looks like windows 2009 look its old look of scan. But 8.7i looks new one. After installing 8.8 i tried update virus definition alone updated. I have patch 5 also if i directly install in 8.8????

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 21. July 2015., 10:54:02 »
I got mcafee virus scan enterprise + antispyware from this link!!!! Its good ah??? If i want to install patch 5 means should i directly install in it ah????
Code: [Select]
--- // ---
--- link removed by Admin ---

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #4 on: 22. July 2015., 08:57:29 »
Hai guys im new to this forum and i'm using mcafee virus scan enterprise 8.7i version. And i would like to update to 8.8 with latest patch 5. I'm little bit confusion about this update could anyone please guide me to update???? Thanks in advance :D :D :D

In this case you are looking for an upgrade, for that case you should have to download 8.8 full installer with your grant number.

Hi A.,

"jheysen" have right about this, 8.8 is a new product, so there is no possibility to "only" update v.8.7 to the latest version.
Here you have McAfee's official page with detailed information about Patches, Hot-fixes, etc.: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51560

I download 8.8 from some site i dont know the exact site and im not using any grant number to download it. But my question is when im installing 8.8 with the default patch it looks like windows 2009 look its old look of scan. But 8.7i looks new one. After installing 8.8 i tried update virus definition alone updated. I have patch 5 also if i directly install in 8.8????

If you want to check versions (antivirus & patch), simply go to McAfee's icon (near the clock), make a right click and choose "About" option... if you want to be sure, provide us screenshot and We'll help you with identification.

After that We'll also help you to install appropriate Patch. ;)

You need this Patch for Windows 10 or ??

cya later,

Samker

P.S.

Because of SCforum's TOU: http://scforum.info/terms.html it's not allowed to post/share illegal downloads... because of that, your link from previous post is removed.

« Reply #4 on: 22. July 2015., 08:57:29 »

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #5 on: 22. July 2015., 11:09:06 »
Oh ok S  I am usig windows 7 and im installed mcafee virus scan enterprise v8.7i with patch 4. I would like to move on to v8.8  when i click update now virus definitions only updated. It shows error virus scan enterprise reach end of life so version can't update. And few thread back i read using hotfix and latest patch 5 we can update to 8.8. I have the hotfix and patch 5 but i dont have password of patch 5 i already liked in the facebook.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #6 on: 22. July 2015., 15:47:19 »
Ok, I understand now... ;)

First uninstall version 8.7 from your PC (through Control Panel), restart PC and after that install version 8.8 (during installation, choose "perpetual" license) and again restart... after that apply Patch 5.

You'll get pass. for Patch 5 ( v8.8 ) via PM in the next few minutes.

After that, finally, check is everything Ok via "About" button (you have instructions how to do that, above). If you want to be sure, that everything is Ok, provide us screenshot.

cya later,

S.

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 23. July 2015., 03:29:56 »
Remember that the patch 5 for 8.8 requires patch level 1 as a minimum

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #8 on: 23. July 2015., 09:58:10 »
Ok thankyou to S and J ;D

Audiracecar90

• SCF Member
« Reply #9 on: 04. August 2015., 04:52:38 »
Hai jheysen i just install mcafee virusscan enterprise v 8.8 along with patch 5 and after that when i select scan the progress of scan is not shown in this. But in mcafee 8.7i it shows. And my v8.8 interface looks old how to solve this
link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A73813441FB81B83!105&authkey=!AJ92xMJwZscReeQ&ithint=folder%2cjpg

« Reply #9 on: 04. August 2015., 04:52:38 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising