9 (3.2%)
Trend Micro
0 (0%)
Avira
5 (1.8%)
Other
16 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 270

Author Topic: The Best AntiVirus ?!  (Read 252348 times)

kartermichael65

• SCF Newbie
Re: The Best AntiVirus ?!
« Reply #190 on: 12. October 2011., 05:22:43 »
Hi to all i have used quite a lot of AV's such as Norton, Avast, Quickheal, E-scan etc. but among them which one i am still using is the Avast AV. Till now i have never faced any problem in its functioning or updating the virus update. :up:

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #190 on: 12. October 2011., 05:22:43 »

Duar97

• SCF Member
« Reply #191 on: 12. October 2011., 19:08:53 »
I use McAfee VSE like Samker, but I think that for a home computer that the owner doesn't know what is VSE, KIS is the best one.

unixinfoservice

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #192 on: 12. November 2011., 08:21:03 »
Well, I prefer AVG Anti-Virus in my Laptop. AVG Anti-Virus software is an effective performer with well-considered features. It array awful in tests conducted at absolute software testing labs. AVG has Identity Protection features, but they are limited to US residents only. This feature can be access through a web browser toolbar.

workout

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #193 on: 27. November 2011., 07:13:20 »
hi guys, here is an assembly of good anti-virus, I do use them, work perfectly, which will suit someone    http://theshhit.com/software-free/1-Antivirus.html

Payam20

• SCF Member
« Reply #194 on: 07. December 2011., 17:38:13 »
I think...McAfee is best for Network !

« Reply #194 on: 07. December 2011., 17:38:13 »

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #195 on: 22. February 2012., 00:06:10 »
Some thoughts and further reading with links, here: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,7429.0.html

In my day-to-day friendships, I see mainly 2 anti-virus programs installed by 'regular, non-savvy, I-got-money-and-I-don't-use-my-comp-for-real-anyways'-peoples;
1. Norton
2. AVG

I used to be Avast ALL THE WAY, and would NOT install Norton, McAfee or any other payed anti-virus (Kaspesky; only in those DOS-days;p). Avast, according to MANY official tests and according to user forums, has the best detection rates out there WITHOUT compromising usability. When you know computers & use warez; Avast was (is????) the way to go.

Nowadays I'm sad, looking and completely clueless ;s

I don't like Norton (money), resources look high but don't bother too much (honest is honest;p). Mostly I don't like it due to false positives and its awful way to disable protection COMPLETELY. You never seem to know what's still running and blocking 'shit' that isn't shit but nice candy ; ). Also, at least in the old days, it was a number one reason for internet connectivity problems. Ironic, I know ; )

McAfee just sucks all the way, just like AVG. And I hardly ever see it installed with anyone (contrary to the polls here!).

AVG is, in the Netherlands at least, I think the most installed antivirus software. It's free, and it takes no effort whatsoever to keep it activated. And it sucks, but nobody cares, for they don't understand or use computers anyways. Just hope it doesn't remove one of those handy microsoft system files... : >

Peace!

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-012 by DevNullius)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #196 on: 22. February 2012., 11:37:35 »
... and would NOT install Norton, McAfee or any other payed anti-virus (Kaspesky; only in those DOS-days;p).

Hi Devvie, nice post...  :thumbsup: also, I would like to hear your opinion/experience with Kaspersky and Avira: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,208.0.html

Thanks!

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #197 on: 25. February 2012., 11:38:16 »
Just installed & tested Comodo antivirus.

My experiences... Looks techie enough, that's good. It has a strange system where you have to decide which 'security' level your system currently is in. I put it to Trusted computer, knowing I have no warez installed. I might better not have done that though, after a reboot everything I did was suspect - even opening taskmanager ;p

Also it uses a lot of RAM. This MIGHT be due to the fact that it was a 'first run' situation. One should test for themselves how this keeps up in time. I consider 80MB too much. free.pctools.com is another I tried again, and the same as Comodo they hog about 200MB of memory. Unacceptable, for me that is ;p

Also boot times went up by a minute or more, effectively at least doubling boot time. Again, first time boot so this might improve. Test & REPOST yourself ;p

BIGGEST problem and MAIN reason to remove it was the scanning process. This was the worst I've seen in years. After running for 5 hours, I only was at 2%. This morning, it was literally stuck at 13%. Pausing or stopping gave error that it ran out of system resources!! Sigh. Funk that! So I removed it (and kept their browser with build-in Secure DNS, which actually works these days :>).

So two down, see what's out there next... Till repost and...

Peace!

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #198 on: 25. February 2012., 11:40:39 »

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #199 on: 25. February 2012., 11:42:24 »
Everybody keeps raving about NOD32.

NOD32 Free is an obsolete AV. You cannot download it anymore from the official site. No new free product came in it's place.

So NOD32 is out - it's a relic.

Also, it never really got my love. It was ok enough, but not good enough (false positives). A friend of mine loved it though ;p

Peace!

devnullius

« Reply #199 on: 25. February 2012., 11:42:24 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising