• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42872
  • Total Topics: 16081
  • Online Today: 3908
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop  (Read 5570 times)

darkknightza

• SCF Member
How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop
« on: 17. February 2011., 08:27:00 »
This guide will show you how to recover the data of a dead laptop , since it stopped functioning for another thing that a failure of the hard disk.

1 To unmount the hard disk

The first stage is to unmount the hard disk (seek on the site of the manufacturer or on the net for the service manual of your notebook). Generally it is an easy and simple operation.

2 To recover the data

There is much way of recovering the data of a laptop hard disk, the simplest way is to connect your hard disk to another PC.

With this intention you must use either a 2.5' ' usb or firewire drive enclosure or a laptop hard drive adaptor kit 2.5 to 3.5 inch IDE hdd. Once connected simply copy the data of your laptop hard disk towards your PC.

3 Damaged or unreadable data

In this case you must use a tool as Unstoppable Copier. It is a tool which makes it possible to read the data of a damaged disc, if it encounters a file it cannot copy, the file will be skipped and copying will continue.

4 Case of a very damaged hard disk

In this case it is necessary to use Ultimate boot Cd for Windows (tool that everyone should have) Firstly it should be checked that the data can be read using Explorer XP.Then launch Unstoppable Copier which is included in Ultimate Boot Cd, choose for example the source drive as C: which was the laptop hard disc and made E: the destination drive which is the hard disc on the desktop PC.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop
« on: 17. February 2011., 08:27:00 »

jasonmilsont

• SCF Member
Re: How To Recover The Hard Disk's Data From A Dead Laptop
« Reply #1 on: 16. August 2012., 19:12:45 »
In this situation you must use a resource as Unbeatable Photo copier. It is a resource which creates it possible to study the information of a broken cd, if it activities a information file it cannot duplicate, the information file will be missed and duplicating will proceed.

portoleone

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 18. November 2012., 18:35:50 »
Thank you for info about "Ultimate Boot Cd"

stonecoldtx

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 06. May 2013., 15:12:08 »
Or, if you accidentally deleted a partition, and have not reformatted it, you may be able to recover it by using the steps outlined in this Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153973/en-us

samwhite2206

• SCF Member
« Reply #4 on: 30. May 2013., 15:50:56 »
Thanks for focusing on this interesting topic. But I just faced a problem that while stepping new OS instead of C drive by mistake I choose D: Drive and format the whole drive. This drive contains lots of important Data of mine.
So is there any way to get that all data back? If there is some way then please guide me soon.

« Reply #4 on: 30. May 2013., 15:50:56 »

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
« Reply #5 on: 30. May 2013., 16:36:53 »
http://scforum.info/index.php/board,15.0.html has some articles. Cruise through them ;p

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Conare nullius momenti videri fortasse missilibus careant
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

jmoon

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: 30. June 2013., 21:50:41 »
Thanks for focusing on this interesting topic. But I just faced a problem that while stepping new OS instead of C drive by mistake I choose D: Drive and format the whole drive. This drive contains lots of important Data of mine.
So is there any way to get that all data back? If there is some way then please guide me soon.

File scavenger and Recova works well in recovering deleted files and partitions. 

« Reply #6 on: 30. June 2013., 21:50:41 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising