• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3869
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Facebook users warned about malware bug  (Read 3618 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Facebook users warned about malware bug
« on: 08. May 2009., 07:17:33 »

Over the past week, Facebook users are finding friends they never wanted. The social networking site is dealing with the third attack in two weeks.

Facebook users frequently get requests to join groups from their online friends.

"It happens to me all the time. A friend may want you to try something," said Facebook user Tim Tasker.

But try clicking on that Facebook link that seems to be from a friend and David Greenberg with IUPUI says, "When you log on they are going to capture your password then link you to the real Facebook so the user who logged in doesn't know anything bad had happened."

They don't realize hackers can use now use their web identity to send more malware spam to more victims who think it's from a friend.

Some users discover the problem in time and have sent warning e-mails to friends telling them don't open links that seem to come from their friend.

Opening a link could put all of one's online personal information at risk.

"In general I would say don't click on links to get to Facebook. Open up your own browser and use a bookmark or type in www.Facebook.com," said Greenberg.

If you get one of those "check it out" type links Greenberg says to "be suspicious. Respond to the person first and say did you send that?"

Bill Noel with Net Heads internet and game café in Carmel says everyone needs to be wary, especially more inexperienced users.

"There is a much older population that is discovering Facebook largely through their children," he said. Noel says older users could be vulnerable because "they may not be as computer savvy or alert to these things and tend to be click happy, so Facebook is fun and new and they don't have their guard up."

Tim Tasker says his young friend had her account hacked. "Nothing too big has been stolen yet. It could have been a lot worse," he said.

(WorldNow)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Facebook users warned about malware bug
« on: 08. May 2009., 07:17:33 »

Kdebian

• SCF Member
Re: Facebook users warned about malware bug
« Reply #1 on: 08. May 2009., 22:43:40 »
I'm really thinking to close my Account @ Facebook :-(

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #2 on: 09. May 2009., 06:56:47 »
I'm really thinking to close my Account @ Facebook :-(

I don't like FB... I'm just registered but don't use them at all.  :thumbsdown:

Probably, Twitter is next World Hit.  :up:

sparksss

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 20. May 2009., 08:18:33 »
its for fun anyway, However its a good way to keep connections with old colleagues

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 20. May 2009., 08:18:33 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising