• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Office 2010 32-bit and 64-bit to be on the same DVD?  (Read 3839 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum

One of the most important details about the upcoming Office
2010 release is that it will come in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, helping pave the path towards an x64 computing future. However, people have been wondering if these versions will come separately, or if Microsoft will choose to include them in the same package. Ars Technica have unearthed some valuable details which hint that the latter could indeed be the case; Microsoft will most likely include both versions on the same DVD.

Ars Technica posted an error message that read the following: "If you want to install 64-bit Office 2010, you must uninstall all 32-bit Office products fist, and then run setup.exe in the x64 folder. If you want to install 32-bit Office 2010, close this setup. Then navigate to the x86 folder at the root of your CD/DVD and run setup.exe." As you can hopefully deduct from this, it is implied that both versions will be on the same DVD, and that itself implies that you should be able to use one serial number for each of the different versions.

This is good news, although it is speculated that this message was just included for development reasons, and that there is still a strong possibility that both editions will stay separate. We'll update this as soon as Microsoft makes an official announcement, so stay vigilant. We've included a screenshot of the error message above, again, courtesy of our friends over at Ars Technica.

(NeoWin)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

abuadal

• SCF Newbie
Re: Office 2010 32-bit and 64-bit to be on the same DVD?
« Reply #1 on: 20. May 2009., 08:36:30 »
i still could not explore full features of Office 2007 and Office 2010 is ON...
hmmm .. by the way what the major difference...
any thing new...? or upgraded the previous ones....

s3ducx0n

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 20. May 2009., 16:15:01 »
hhmmmmm... i had done so far with Office 07... yes... it is hard to adjust from Office 2003 to 2007.. because of the features... i wish that there's a large comparison with 2003... ehehe.. (sorry for my english)

cerbero85

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 23. May 2009., 10:19:41 »
thanks for the news...

I hope that they do a good job with the 64bit version...

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #3 on: 23. May 2009., 10:19:41 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising