• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42866
  • Total Topics: 16075
  • Online Today: 1580
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: What Is a Keylogger?  (Read 20669 times)

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
What Is a Keylogger?
« on: 10. April 2013., 11:27:20 »
What Is a Keylogger?

Keylogging software is a hidden application that identifies which keys a user presses on a keyboard. The application then relays that information to a Web browser, word processor or other application.

Some companies install keyloggers to track computer usage by staff and ensure company resources are being used properly.

At home, parents can monitor their children's activity with keyloggers. Such software isn't necessarily able to prevent inappropriate activity, but it enables parents to see what activity is taking place. The same application applies in the context of spouses identifying any potential unfaithful activities.

While those are some legitimate and legal reasons for keylogging, the act of recording keystrokes and transmitting results to a remote location typically falls into the realm of malicious software, or malware.

Keylogging software keeps track of every keystroke and can be used by criminals to get your passwords.

Keylogging software, a type of spyware, is designed to be invisible when active, which increases its potential as a subversive method of data theft.

Keyloggers not only record and store keystrokes on text files, but they can also send these files to a remote host and even take screenshots of the computer's desktop at regular intervals. Transferring this data can be done in a secretive fashion or even through more secure means, such as quietly using your email account.

The legality of keylogging

Monitoring software, such as keyloggers, is available commercially and is perfectly legal for use on the stipulation that such applications are installed on a computer or device you yourself own. Regardless of whether any individuals using the application are aware of the software's presence, it's legal to do since it’s your computer.

However, when such software is installed on a computer not under your ownership, this practice becomes quite illicit.

Some keyloggers come disguised or as part of a software bundle that, when installed, will begin covertly tracking all keyboard activity and transmit it to a remote location at regular intervals.

The theft of login credentials or personal information is one of malicious attributes associated with keylogging, as criminals can obtain information ranging from Social Security numbers to bank account access to credit card information.

Protecting against malicious keylogging

While there aren't necessarily any protective measures you can take against employer-installed keyloggers on work computers or software installed by spouses or parents, malicious keylogging can be prevented. Having the most up-to-date antivirus software is one of the best advantages available.

In addition, while keyloggers may be designed to run invisibly, they will still appear on the list of application processes from your computer's task manager, which means you can identify and shut down any illicit or unwanted tracking.

Orginal article: Ryan Goodrich, TechNewsDaily Contributor April 01 2013 05:26 PM ET
Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

What Is a Keylogger?
« on: 10. April 2013., 11:27:20 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: What Is a Keylogger?
« Reply #1 on: 16. April 2013., 18:35:16 »
Very useful for SCF Community.  :thumbsup:

P.S.

Moved & Sticked in to Anti-Spyware area... ;)

samwhite2206

• SCF Member
« Reply #2 on: 04. June 2013., 16:53:06 »
Its seems to be a nice software that I want to use. First of all I need to use it to get the Access key of my collage WiFi.  Mostly my professor using my laptop during lectures hours to perform some online stuff so I will use this "Keylogger" to get that password entered by Lecturer.
But can you just tell me it does not consider as an illegal activity right ?

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
« Reply #3 on: 05. June 2013., 09:42:56 »
Its seems to be a nice software that I want to use. First of all I need to use it to get the Access key of my collage WiFi.  Mostly my professor using my laptop during lectures hours to perform some online stuff so I will use this "Keylogger" to get that password entered by Lecturer.
But can you just tell me it does not consider as an illegal activity right ?

It depend of the country's law. If it is illegal or not but in most country's there is illegal.
Most likely you get expelled from the school if you get court.
And at least it is immoral to use this in anyway to get improper access to things you obtusely not should have access to regarding to the  intention of a secure network. 

So if it is illegal to use it just something discussed under the country's law. If it is improper or immoral to use YES in other network then your own it is!
Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

monstertruckpa

• SCF Member
« Reply #4 on: 22. March 2017., 07:37:51 »
thanks, i once i installed an keylogger called: ardamax to a request from a fatman, it had problem with his wife, beauty unfaithful married and horny.
The things a keylogger can do ¡lol!. apreciate topic. :police:

« Reply #4 on: 22. March 2017., 07:37:51 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 02. April 2017., 10:17:10 »
thanks, i once i installed an keylogger called: ardamax to a request from a fatman, it had problem with his wife, beauty unfaithful married and horny.

It look quite powerful App: https://www.ardamax.com/keylogger/

Can you provide us more details (not necessary - dirty ones ;) )... how do you caught her ??

Through chat, camera... ??

monstertruckpa

• SCF Member
« Reply #6 on: 24. April 2017., 06:08:42 »

It look quite powerful App: https://www.ardamax.com/keylogger/

Can you provide us more details (not necessary - dirty ones ;) )... how do you caught her ??

Through chat, camera... ??

HELLO SAMKERS how are you my friend. ;)
sorry for answering late. I did not see any notification in my private message and mail ..Ardamax program, spy everything you want. Capture audio & video, keys, full text, history. It is necessary to exclude it from malware scanners and antivirus protection, in order to function well.
the Ardamax experience reports: >:D
ardamax Worked for a month on conversations In msn & skype, also on her all user account credentials, totally hidden, on video call, it printing lover's face (avi video, png footage).  :police: was sufficient evidence to stop loving her. Now he is divorced, Zero commitment, and with much more womens for fuck on the street. :thumbsup:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 29. April 2017., 16:08:10 »
---
It is necessary to exclude it from malware scanners and antivirus protection, in order to function well.

---

ardamax Worked for a month on conversations In msn & skype, also on her all user account credentials, totally hidden, on video call, it printing lover's face (avi video, png footage).  :police: was sufficient evidence to stop loving her. Now he is divorced, Zero commitment, and with much more womens for fuck on the street. :thumbsup:

Hi Pal,

Thank you very much for important information about necessary settings and possible options.

Next time when you see your friend, say hello from Me & SCF Community - sounds like a good plan. >:D :thumbsup:

cya around!

S.

winaro

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: 25. August 2017., 10:16:47 »
I was just looking for the last time. Thanks for the description!

monstertruckpa

• SCF Member
« Reply #9 on: 25. August 2017., 11:13:52 »
---
It is necessary to exclude it from malware scanners and antivirus protection, in order to function well.

---

Hi Pal,

Thank you very much for important information about necessary settings and possible options.

Next time when you see your friend, say hello from Me & SCF Community - sounds like a good plan. >:D :thumbsup:

cya around!

S.

That man doesn't like, that I tell his story as a model of infidelity victim.

« Reply #9 on: 25. August 2017., 11:13:52 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising