• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42870
  • Total Topics: 16079
  • Online Today: 3873
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: iTunes 7.3 throwing up unknown errors for some  (Read 3303 times)

Amker

• SCF Global Moderator
    • SCforum.info
iTunes 7.3 throwing up unknown errors for some
« on: 03. July 2007., 21:46:38 »
If you haven't updated your iTunes to version 7.3 yet, maybe it's not such a bad idea to hold off on that a bit longer. On the Apple forums people report getting the following error:
The iTunes Library File cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-50).

The error keeps popping up over and over, although one victim mentions it's possible to say "don't warn me again." Both Mac and Windows iTunes users suffer from this problem, and a good number of them have their iTunes music on an external drive or have created custom sort orders. Reverting to iTunes 7.2 (see the forum thread) or using very old advice from Apple on how to restore an iTunes library seem to work, but aren't particularly easy. There are also reports that deleting all video podcasts solves the problem. You can redownload by option-clicking the triangle that displays/hides the podcast episodes; this refreshes the feed so old episodes show up again.

Curiously, Apple has a support document—posted a week ago—describing the same error, but not related to the iTunes 7.3 update: it's about the Mac OS X 10.4.9 update. Apparently, the error pops up when authorizing iTunes Store purchases, and the fix is rather strange: it requires deleting all your network settings.

It's unclear how widespread the iTunes 7.3 problem is—I didn't have any problems with the new iTunes myself. As is to be expected by now, there are some undocumented changes in this update. I noticed that podcasts are once again brought under the sound check regime so they should all be equally loud if you're using the sound check feature.

I can't help but feeling that Apple is spreading itself too thin these days, with product delays, lackluster keynotes, and bugs galore. We can only hope that Apple is now focussing on Leopard and not working on new products that require yet another port of OS X to a new hardware architecture.
ars tehnica
# Online Anti-Malware Scanners: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

iTunes 7.3 throwing up unknown errors for some
« on: 03. July 2007., 21:46:38 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising