• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3869
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: (in-place) upgrade of Windows 2019 to Windows 2019 fails because of SandboxIE  (Read 7410 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Surprise surprise... Windows 2019 server installation needs a repair (processor drivers just won't install after I moved my Windows disk back and forth from server to server). So I started a repair upgrade of Windows 2019 to... Windows 2019. Which FAILS because Windows Setup complains about SandboxIE and that I should manually remove it... I haven't used that program for years, and I'm already on Windows 2019 to begin with... :| regedit.exe search showed nothing. IOBit Uninstaller & Windows Programs did not find anything. File find on my complete disk (including hidden folders and system folders) showed 0 results for an installed SandboxIE BUT it did find my old torrent and backup installers in my OneDrive sync folder.... Could it be that Windows Setup searches my OneDrive folder, sees filenames with sandboxie and decides to halt the installation all together...? It can't be, right??

Wrong. Removing those files and those files alone (basically, torrent + extracted setup folders) fixed it. The installation files were counted as INSTALLED programs...!

Next step: the actual upgrade... Wish me luck....! Sigh :)

For now... Peace!

Devvie
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising