• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43033
  • Total Topics: 16218
  • Online Today: 5974
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee VirusScan 8.5.0i not reporting its status to Windows Security Center  (Read 25760 times)

Ret

• SCF Newbie
Does somebody have a solution for this problem:

I have installed McAfee Virusscan 8.5.0i, incl. Patch 8,including the hotfixes HF458640, and HF472021. (with Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2).

But at the moment I still have the problem that McAfee VirusScan 8.5.0i is not reporting its status to Windows Security Center!
I also tried to reinstall the McAfee VirusScan 8.5.0i, and running the winmgmt commands but also without any result.

Can somebody please give me some other suggestions.

Ret,

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum

I have installed McAfee Virusscan 8.5.0i, incl. Patch 8,including the hotfixes HF458640, and HF472021. (with Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2).

But at the moment I still have the problem that McAfee VirusScan 8.5.0i is not reporting its status to Windows Security Center!
I also tried to reinstall the McAfee VirusScan 8.5.0i, and running the winmgmt commands but also without any result.

Ret,

Hi Ret, did You try to run "McAfee Virtual Technician": http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/default.html?en-us

??

hazedaze

• SCF VIP Member
Ooo that's a nice little tool you found there Samker!!  :thumbsup:

This will come in handy!!

P.s - I did'nt think 8.5 worked prop with SP2 Vista as it's something to do with the AV not intergrating with the UAC stuff?? I could be wrong though!! Mind you 99% of the Malware these day's blows passed all of this so called desktop protection so you might as well turn it off - Providing you know what your doing and have a solid AV and firewall config that is!!  ;D

einherjar

• SCF Member

Ret,

i just installed the patch 8 and hotfix 472021.. but i dont know about the other hotfix.. we have the same os type.. although the problem still remains.. but still mcafee works just fine right?.. maybe ti hope there will be a another patch to resolve this issue :)

krrjhn

• SCF Advanced Member
Thanks for sharing !!

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising