• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: What is the difference?  (Read 42057 times)

Robinalex

• SCF Newbie
What is the difference?
« on: 22. December 2009., 09:17:10 »
What is the difference between spyware, adware, malware?

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

What is the difference?
« on: 22. December 2009., 09:17:10 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #1 on: 22. December 2009., 18:43:37 »

Spyware is a type of malware that is installed on computers and collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence of spyware is typically hidden from the user. Typically, spyware is secretly installed on the user's personal computer. Sometimes, however, spywares such as keyloggers are installed by the owner of a shared, corporate, or public computer on purpose in order to secretly monitor other users. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

Adware or advertising-supported software is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used. Some types of adware are also spyware and can be classified as privacy-invasive software. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

Malware
, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.[1] The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to include all types of malware, including true viruses. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

Hope these info. will help you?

Regards,

S.

cbdenver

• SCF Member
Re: What is the difference?
« Reply #2 on: 20. March 2010., 03:49:07 »
Where do Rootkits fall then?  These are some of the worst.  They regenerate and rename every boot. Took me several different softwares to clean last time I got one of these..

F3RL

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: 25. March 2010., 11:54:52 »
Thumbs up for Samker.

Where do Rootkits fall then?  These are some of the worst.

Malware? but I guess it depends what the rootkit does to your computer, formatting the hard drive or just sitting there annoying you by popping up messages or etc, correct me if I'm wrong..
well? understand ma bad English.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: What is a Rootkit?
« Reply #4 on: 25. March 2010., 14:29:37 »
Where do Rootkits fall then?  These are some of the worst.

A rootkit is a software program or coordinated set of programs system whose purpose is to gain control over a computer system. In effectively all cases, this is a hostile act, though not necessarily hostile to any specific computer system, organization, or person. The attack may be purely adventitious, made against computers reached, for instance through the Internet, which have a vulnerability (a "hole" or "backdoor") to the attack technique being used... more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit

Re: What is a Rootkit?
« Reply #4 on: 25. March 2010., 14:29:37 »

alexrock23

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 26. May 2010., 10:08:27 »
Spywares are the program which are used to monitor/Log the activity performed on a computer. These are used to spy on some one either for legal or illegal perpose. Example: Keylogger applications.
Adwares are the programs which delivers ads to your computer. They consume your network.
Malwares are the program with malicious intention. It can be damaging your computer, spying on you or any other malicious task.

smithshn

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: 01. June 2010., 15:07:44 »
I have read your stuff. It is really interesting description about spyware, malware and adware. I am glad to share your valuable knowledge. After reading your stuff I can know the difference among them very well.

vaxile

• SCF Member
« Reply #7 on: 11. November 2010., 11:44:41 »
Nice info

jhonas

• SCF Member
« Reply #8 on: 05. January 2011., 07:32:40 »
Great knowledgeable information.

daniellehudges

• SCF Newbie
    • PC Health Advisor
« Reply #9 on: 31. January 2011., 07:26:39 »
Well, I'm using a software wherein it usually check the performance of your pc and will show you the reason why your pc gets slow. Usually malware i detected. The software is called "pc health advisor" and I'm using it since last year and never fail me even once/

« Reply #9 on: 31. January 2011., 07:26:39 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising