• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42862
  • Total Topics: 16071
  • Online Today: 1277
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Windows 7 new feature - "God Mode" (ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C)  (Read 101441 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum

A new "feature" in Windows 7 has been revealed today, by Ina Fried @ Cnet. Being dubbed "god mode", the "feature" is actually pretty handy for power users.

Although its name suggests perhaps even grander capabilities, Windows enthusiasts are excited over the discovery of a hidden "GodMode" feature that lets users access all of the operating system's control panels from within a single folder.

By creating a new folder in Windows 7 and renaming it with a certain text string at the end, users are able to have a single place to do everything from changing the look of the mouse pointer to making a new hard-drive partition.

The trick is also said to work in Windows Vista, although some are warning that although it works fine in 32-bit versions of Vista, it can cause 64-bit versions of that operating system to crash.

To enter "GodMode," one need only create a new folder and then rename the folder to the following:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Once that is done, the folder's icon will change to resemble a control panel and will contain dozens of control options. I'm not sure it's my idea of playing God, but it is a handy way to get to all kinds of controls.

Ina was asked Microsoft for more details on the feature and how it came to be. But so far, Redmond is silent on the topic.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

JTR

A Real GOD Mode actually. I tested it and worked fine. But Can i know, how to delete that so created "Control panel" in Windows Vista. If i dont need for a while? I created it in my Desktop. But when i try to delete it, the Explorer restarts. :up:

FloboyFr

JTR for delete without trouble :
run  cmd,
and rename this with :

ren filename1 filename2.

And you can delete without crash.

Yeorwned

Creating the folder has crashed my system~ Vista64 Business

havocknox

• SCF VIP Member
  • No picture can discribe me!
This is super cool, Now I can do things I have been doing in one spot instead of having to go through a lot of back doors.
Jeremy McBurney
Computer Consultant
Jeremy's Computer Consulting

Help

JTR for delete without trouble :
run  cmd,
and rename this with :

ren filename1 filename2.

plz help me deleting it.. i have tried this:

ren C:\Users\MyUsername\Desktop\GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} 123

and it dont work
And you can delete without crash.

hazedaze

• SCF VIP Member
Lets see how long it takes befor this is exploited in some way..... ::)

mego605

• SCF Newbie
[اقتبس كاتب JTR الارتباط = = = موضوع 3544.msg9230 # msg9230 تاريخ = 1262847771]
ألف ريال الله الوضع في الواقع. اختبرته وعملت غرامة. ولكن أستطيع أن أعرف ، وكيف أن ذلك لحذف خلق "لوحة التحكم" في ويندوز فيستا. إذا كنت لا يحتاج لبعض الوقت؟ أنا خلقها في مكتبي. ولكن عندما أحاول أن حذفه ، وإعادة تشغيل مستكشف. : حسابه :
[/ اقتباس]

hazedaze

• SCF VIP Member
Mego605,

Take a look at FloboyFr post, that should eliviate your problem....

bBbLaHhH

• SCF Member
maaaaan... This will make this easier managing files on my computer.  Instead of having to click around now I can just see everything all at once =D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising