• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3593
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (download)  (Read 48755 times)

kn1ghtm4r3

• SCF Member
Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (download)
« Reply #20 on: 15. October 2010., 07:27:08 »
excellent tool, used it to get rid of many diff types of spyware/malware that wasnt picked up by av.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #20 on: 15. October 2010., 07:27:08 »

vaxile

• SCF Member
« Reply #21 on: 11. November 2010., 11:45:38 »
I'll try it

grr

• SCF VIP Member
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50
« Reply #22 on: 30. November 2010., 03:08:00 »
Version 1.50 (November 29th, 2010)

Overall Improvements:

1. Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 5 times faster.
2. Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and protection module (paid version only).
3. More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (paid version only).
4. New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware.

New Features:

1. You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually.
2. Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (paid version only).
3. Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher.
4. Ability to include or exclude potentially unwanted programs (PUP), potentially unwanted system modifications (PUM), and peer-to-peer software (P2P) from scans and protection module detections.
5. Dramatically improved flash scan (paid version only) -- designed to determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines.
6. One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (paid version only).
7. "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (paid version only).
8. Ability to scan system startup locations for improved detection and to target persistent malware that may be obstructing removal.
9. Right-click context menu scans now use heuristics.

Issues Fixed:

1. Improved compatibility with antivirus software.
2. Fixed issue with "Recover if missed by" setting in scheduler not working correctly on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
3. Fixed issue with "Recover if missed by" setting in scheduler not working for scans and updates scheduled to run 'Once'.
4. Fixed issue with Heuristics.Shuriken causing the program to freeze or crash.
5. Fixed issue with certain infections going undetected by the protection module in 64-bit Windows versions.
6. Fixed issue with silent scans not creating logs in certain scenarios.

Download

Compstuff

• SCF Member
« Reply #23 on: 18. January 2011., 13:46:56 »
This is by far my favorite scanner and has bailed me out many many times

bimen

• SCF Member
« Reply #24 on: 08. October 2012., 15:48:23 »
thanks so much

« Reply #24 on: 08. October 2012., 15:48:23 »

maollstiles

• SCF Newbie
    • http://removebrowserhijacker.com
« Reply #25 on: 07. September 2016., 03:30:13 »

I don't make a lot of threads, but figured this one could potentially help others visiting the site.

I don't know what on-the-fly malware tools other people use, so I thought I'd share a few quick solutions I use, as well as some more permanent type real-time protection. Of course most of us know the best solution is Linux or a Mac, even. However, even I still use some M$ based computers.

One I like, which is a bit more aggressive than others is ComboFix. I highly suggest having a backup before using this software. I have had the unfortunate experience of this software making things worse. That said, it has also removed 100's or perhaps even 1000's viruses/Malware or more than I can count. Very good software, but use at your own risk. Get it HERE

Another one that I swear by, and actually usually works quite fast is AdwCleaner. Here's what they say about it. AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. It does work very well in my humble opinion. Get it HERE

Here is one of my favorites, SpyHunter Removal Tool.
SpyHunter Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
SpyHunter Removal Tool has the ability to remove the following types of programs:
Ask Toolbar
Babylon
Browser Manager
Claro / iSearch
Conduit
Coupon Printer for Windows
Crossrider
Facemoods / Funmoods
iLivid
IncrediBar
MyWebSearch
Searchqu
Web Assistant
When run, SpyHunter Removal Tool will remove all traces of these programs including their files, Registry keys, and folders. Get it HERE

Lastly for a more permanent real-time solution. My favorite is MalewareBytes Anti Malware scanner. You can use their free version very effectively which will work just the same as the pro version, but will not work in real-time. Their pro version does, and in my humble opinion, is worth the money for novice Windows users, pros too, if you just want the added protection. Here's what they say: Malwarebytes is a light-weight anti-malware program that is excellent at removing the latest detections. MBAM is also able to be used along side any other security programs that you may have installed, which allows it to remove malware that was able to sneak through your normal anti-virus solution. Get it HERE

I have several other tools like this that I've found over the years. Please feel free to PM me if you need help or would like more suggestions. I am actually only skimming the surface. I will look forward to all other suggestions here. I would never claim to know it all. I do know that backing up everything is the best policy. I also make hard drive images as well, which will restore things rather quickly, if needed. That is another thread, another day.

One last piece of advice...let the software run it's course. Be patient!!! Some of them can take a long time, depending on how badly infected your PC is. Also, read & follow the directions carefully, rebooting when required. Follow directions to a T.

Happy Computing people =)

Any dead links, pretty much all of this software can be found HERE
if you believe in yourself and with a tiny pinch of magic,all your dreams can come true .
removebrowserhijacker.com/remove-ads-adsrvmedia-net-pop-up-easy-removal-guides

maollstiles

• SCF Newbie
    • http://removebrowserhijacker.com
« Reply #26 on: 07. September 2016., 03:38:43 »
There are many malware tools available in the market, and most of them can be used to deal with malware. However, not every tool can detect and remove all types of malware threats. Hence, sometimes you need to install different tools on your PC. Below I will list several tools that I find useful in dealing with malware.

- CCleaner - CCleaner 5.21.5700 - Useful tool for cleaning out all the crap that has built up on your computer from general use. This helps to decrease the amount of files that are scanned and can greatly speed up scanning.

- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - http://www.malwaretips.org/malwarebytes.php - One of the best removal tools out there right now.

- SuperAntiSpyware - SuperAntiSpyware 6.0.1224 - Another great removal tool

- SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner! - SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner - This is the same SAS scanner and removal engine in a portable formfactor that does not require installation on the infected system. Haven't had a chance to use this in the wild yet but looks promising.

- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.filehippo.com/download_sp...earch_destroy/ - Yet another good removal tool. Also useful for "inoculating" your web browsers against future attacks. New version seems to be able to clean temp files that CCleaner sometimes misses and some malware that Malwarebytes missed the last time I used it.

- ComboFix - ComboFix | freeware - This is a great tool for cleaning up a system that is messed up to the point you can't run MBAM or anything else. After running this you should still run the other tools to clean up the left-overs.

- RootRepeal - rootrepeal - Rootkit removal tool. Run this when you can't get any other tool to run or install.

- TDSSKiller - http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 - Rootkit removal tool from Kaspersky. Pretty snazzy if you ask me.

- Avira AntiVir Personal - Avira Free Antivirus 15.0.19.164 - Really good free anti-virus application. Has somewhat annoying ad that pops up reminding you of all the fantastic other stuff you get it you would just buy it already. I've found this confuses and scares less savvy users that think it may be one of those fake-AV trojans.

- SpyHunter - http://guides.uufix.com/Spyhunter_Download.php - A powerful anti-malware program that can deal with different types of malware including Trojans, worms, viruses, browser hijackers, adware and PUPs.

- Microsoft Security Essentials - Windows | Official Site For Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Laptops, PCs, Tablets & More - Microsoft's free Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware program. Has gotten great reviews and I've been using it on systems instead of Avira. Doesn't catch everything but neither does Symantec, McAfee, Sophos, ESET, Avira, Avast, Panda, Trend, etc . . .

- Avira AntiVir System Rescure CD - Free Downloads of Avira Antivirus Software & Utilities - Linux Boot CD that has Avira AntiVir anti-virus/anti-malware software with latest definitions preloaded. Download and burn to a CD and boot your computer from it to do some scanning and removing action.
if you believe in yourself and with a tiny pinch of magic,all your dreams can come true .
removebrowserhijacker.com/remove-ads-adsrvmedia-net-pop-up-easy-removal-guides

mmgpotax

• SCF Member
« Reply #27 on: 08. January 2017., 17:31:35 »
It is an excellent program and with daily updates, it also has a very good system to prevent open web pages abusively.
I recommend to try it and also to buy it.

monstertruckpa

• SCF Member
« Reply #28 on: 22. March 2017., 07:46:08 »
Malwarebyte still selling lifetime? :police:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
« Reply #29 on: 02. April 2017., 09:29:16 »
Malwarebyte still selling lifetime? :police:

Nope, only "Free" and "Premium" versions at the moment: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

« Reply #29 on: 02. April 2017., 09:29:16 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising