• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42951
  • Total Topics: 16148
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Weighted Blanket  (Read 2090 times)

Cherry99

• SCF Newbie
Weighted Blanket
« on: 22. April 2019., 20:34:44 »
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else uses a weighted blanket for either insomnia or anxiety relief.

My therapist uses one on me during sessions. It's amazing how the weight calms me instantly!

Weighted blankets are most commonly used for those with autism spectrum disorders. However, they are helpful to those with anxiety, insomnia, ptsd, etc. Many of the websites that make the blankets are geared toward providing blankets for children, but these blankets can be beneficial to those of any age.

I'm excited because I asked for one for my birthday and my dad said I could get one! I just need to call the blanket company next week to determine the specifics of my blanket (many sites custom make your blanket...size, weight, material, etc, so they aren't exactly cheap!)

Right now I pile on the blankets and wear a very heavy cable-knit sweater to weigh me down at night. I'm glad to be getting my own blanket as I hope it helps with my parasomnia as well.

Does anyone else use a weighted blanket?

Hugs

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Weighted Blanket
« on: 22. April 2019., 20:34:44 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising