• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3869
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: MySQL recovery from restored files  (Read 5029 times)

jaime.bentez

• SCF Newbie
MySQL recovery from restored files
« on: 14. February 2016., 18:15:17 »
After a server issue, my client has restored the MySQL files before their issue, but MySQL is having problems bringing their database back up. (i'm waiting for more information as the exact nature of the issue)

I have the ibdata1 ib_logfile0, and ib_logfile1files, and all the .frm and .ibd files for all the tables.  I can open the database using Navicat, but when trying to open individual tables the first attempt shuts down the MySQL service and after restarting it, table access attempts returns a message that the table doesn't exist.

I've uploaded the section of the error log from my last attempt to access the database.

I've contacted percona and am aware of their tools, and services, but was hoping someone could give me a little more insight to my issue, and if there is a way to restore this database that isn't a major time consuming pain in the butt. :)

Thanks,

Server issue specifics:

The server crash was the result of a power surge, which took out the SATA and RAID controllers. It also completely damaged one drive (there were 2 drives mirrored in RAID1 as dynamic disks). The other drive was only partially damaged, and it is from this drive that we extracted the files that we have from the mysql data directory (that is the "afriplexqms" directory you're seeing).

However, we also have a manual backup set, which is in the root of the D:\IRENE\TLM folder (in the form of 342 .sql files).

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

MySQL recovery from restored files
« on: 14. February 2016., 18:15:17 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: MySQL recovery after server crash because of a power surge
« Reply #1 on: 20. February 2016., 15:57:31 »
You forgot to mention which MySQL version is this & which OS ??

---

Also, take a look on these common advices for Recovering & Restoring: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-enterprise-backup/3.7/en/restoring.html

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Re: MySQL recovery from restored files
« Reply #2 on: 23. February 2016., 13:27:51 »
Sounds like a MySQL on windows Server? :/
First thing would be trying to resurrect the server by replacing the RAID controller and swapping disks one a a time until array is restored, if that works then the machine should work fine.
Second option is to check 5-times if there is any missing files, on linux MySQL does not always save everything on the same place, for example.

KristofLakatos

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: 23. February 2016., 15:52:45 »
When the DB was "restored," Did the user restore from the filesystem backups?
If you have the SQL files dumps, you should try restoring that data on a separate system where you can install MYSQL if not installed and restore them from the sql dumps,
Hopefully, you have the DB/table create as part of the SQLs and the sql backups are recent enough.
The only time a filesystem mysql backup will be valid is when mysql is not running when the backup is taken/made/created. If you have no opportunity to do recovering files that way, then I can advise to try to take MySql Recovery Toolbox and restore  file using this tool and think you will be able to save your base. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/mysql_recovery.html

KristofLakatos

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: 23. February 2016., 16:00:39 »
You can still read this resource for more information on your issue.
https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/266451

« Reply #4 on: 23. February 2016., 16:00:39 »

jaime.bentez

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: 26. February 2016., 12:24:16 »
Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved.

« Reply #5 on: 26. February 2016., 12:24:16 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising