• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42869
  • Total Topics: 16078
  • Online Today: 3589
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Hackers behind Zeus Trojan thanked Kaspersky for helping them improve  (Read 11134 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum

Hackers behind the new version of the Zeus/Zbot banking Trojan expressed their gratefulness to the creators of the antivirus software, Kaspersky Lab and Avira in particular. The Trojan comes with a hidden message that thanks and taunts the security vendors for ‘helping’ them improve their malware.

The news was reported at Trend Micro blog which wrote about the new binary file identified as TROJ_ZBOT.BTM. The malware steals online banking information, including user names and passwords, and has earned a reputation as one of the deadliest banking Trojans.

Interestingly, the latest incarnation of the Trojan has an attached message that reads: "Thanks to KAV and to Avira for new quests, i like it! NOD32 and SAV is stupid!"

Trend Micro says the message is uncovered when the binary file unpacks and copies itself into the victim system's memory. "This taunting message shows that cybercriminals have systems that monitor the performance of AV companies in detecting their craft, and they are constantly updating their software to avoid detection," Trend says.

(eCommerce)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

duomaxwell22

• SCF Member
  • If it is too good to be true, Don't believe it!
haha, now i have proved that avira is quite a big deal for antivirus.. having a thanksgiving together with kaspersky proves that avira is better like kaspersky.. its been years that i have been recommending avira to my workmates and classmates.
for free antivirus, i tell them to stick with avira, avast 5 improved, also avg 9, but avira still better..

Samker

• SCF Administrator
for free antivirus, i tell them to stick with avira, avast 5 improved, also avg 9, but avira still better..

I agree with you all three are good, but my order (for FREE solutions) is:
1. AVG
2. Avira
3.----- :)
4.----- :)
5. Avast

duomaxwell22

• SCF Member
i wonder what's  the #3 and 4..  ??? hehehe!

for me will be
1. Avira
2. AVG
3.  --  ::)
4.  --  ::)
5. Avast

my #3 and #4, ill rather use the trial versions of kaspersky and eset nod32.  :D

duomaxwell22

• SCF Member
well, this can be a sign of a threat for kaspersky and avira users.

if the hackers can pass through kas and avira, users should make their online properties double guarded..  :police: :police:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
my #3 and #4, ill rather use the trial versions of kaspersky and eset nod32.  :D

if the hackers can pass through kas and avira, users should make their online properties double guarded..  :police: :police:

Good points my friend...  :up:

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Zeus (ZBot, ZeusBot or WSNPoem) remove, fix, delete, clean, help
« Reply #6 on: 19. September 2010., 09:59:24 »

FYI, if you have problems with Zeus (ZBot, ZeusBot or WSNPoem) here is a latest Removal Tool from BitDefender: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,4536.0.html

After that you have possibility to download Free Antivirus protection from SCF "Antivirus area": http://scforum.info/index.php/board,10.0.html

Zeus (ZBot, ZeusBot or WSNPoem) remove, fix, delete, clean, help
« Reply #6 on: 19. September 2010., 09:59:24 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising