• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42872
  • Total Topics: 16081
  • Online Today: 4069
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8_8 DAT Created On Issue  (Read 5823 times)

TrekMaster

• SCF Newbie
  • Never stop fighting until the fight is done
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8_8 DAT Created On Issue
« on: 21. August 2020., 02:00:12 »
I have a bizarre problem with an old Windows XP laptop with VSE 8.8 installed.

The virusscanner appears to be working Ok and updates also appear to be working OK.  However on completion on each update the "About VirusScan Enterprise" screen indicated that the latest DAT Version has been installed but shows the DAT Created On as being blank. 

Not sure if this problem relates to the outdated Patch 4, or whether a recent Microsoft security patch is somehow affecting McAfee.  I note that a recent Microsoft Office 2010 security patch which was not compatible with Windows XP but was automatically installed by Windows Update managed to break Microsoft Project.  I had to uninstall several security updates to get Project working again but am wondering if other security updates may be causing havoc.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8_8 DAT Created On Issue
« on: 21. August 2020., 02:00:12 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8_8 DAT Created On Issue
« Reply #1 on: 29. August 2020., 18:19:18 »
Hello, I strongly suggest that you (if possible) upgrade OS to newer version.

Regarding your problem, maybe you should try to manually update DAT files, here you have detailed instructions: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51679

FYI, regarding your second post, unfortunately We don't distribute McAfee's Patch upgrades anymore.

Best Regards.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8_8 DAT Created On Issue
« Reply #1 on: 29. August 2020., 18:19:18 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising