• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42862
  • Total Topics: 16071
  • Online Today: 1331
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Direct X and Win7  (Read 8171 times)

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
Direct X and Win7
« on: 04. September 2009., 12:15:36 »
With the upcoming release of Win7 and Direct X 11 and the total replacement of Vista, Does anyone think Direct X 10 will be made public for WinXP users?
~KING~

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Direct X and Win7
« on: 04. September 2009., 12:15:36 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Direct X and Win7
« Reply #1 on: 04. September 2009., 19:57:10 »
With the upcoming release of Win7 and Direct X 11 and the total replacement of Vista, Does anyone think Direct X 10 will be made public for WinXP users?

BF, this is one good question...  :thumbsup:

In my opinion they don't have interest to develop XP anymore, if we ask Microsoft they want to XP die and that We all go to shops and buy new license for W7.  :-\

That is your answer for DX10 and XP (my opinion).

Link

• SCF Newbie
  • Hyrule's Defender
    • The Ninja's Hideout
« Reply #2 on: 20. September 2009., 03:27:39 »
I can almost guarantee you that DX10 won't be available for XP. XP won't die as soon as Win7 comes out, though; they provide a "Windows XP Mode" for the Professional and Ultimate editions. You can download Windows Virtual PC and run a free, licensed copy of XP in it.

Slightly on topic protip: The newest virtual PC requires virtualization support from your processor. If you don't have that, you can just use VPC 2007. You'll have to do a bit of hackery to get the virtual driver to work, but it is possible. Then you just make a new virtual machine and use "Windows XP Mode"'s virtual hard drive. It works just fine. :)
Obedire est vivere, Vivere est obedire

havocknox

• SCF VIP Member
  • No picture can discribe me!
« Reply #3 on: 01. October 2009., 05:33:21 »
Actually I am not sure is Direct X 10 will go to XP, But I can tell you that XP will be around for at least 2 more years.  With most of the Universities in US still using XP, and the change to 7 will take at least 2 years, XP will still continue to get updates.  After 2 years though I am not sure when XP will be eliminated like 2000 was.  This is my opinion for better or worse.
Jeremy McBurney
Computer Consultant
Jeremy's Computer Consulting

wudz3

• SCF Member
« Reply #4 on: 04. October 2009., 08:58:26 »
DX10 for xp? that's not going to happen.. but DX 11 will be released for vista :), i don't think MS will let DX 10 or DX 11 to work with xp. they will not allow it because they want people to upgrade to vista or windows 7..

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #4 on: 04. October 2009., 08:58:26 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising