• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42863
  • Total Topics: 16072
  • Online Today: 1540
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Norton (General Topic)  (Read 20573 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Norton (General Topic)
« on: 12. May 2007., 22:01:54 »

Norton AntiVirus - Fast protection that does more to stop viruses and spyware.

Norton AntiVirus protects your PC against the latest viruses, spyware, and other threats. It delivers fast, powerful online protection to keep you a step ahead of cyber attacks. It lets you chat, email and share files without worry, updates automatically, offers easy-to-use features, and includes free customer support during your subscription period.

Norton Reputation Service instantly checks where files came from and how long they've been around to identify and stop new crimeware faster than other, less sophisticated security software. Norton Protection System uses several overlapping layers of protection that work together to stop viruses, spyware and other online attacks. Norton Pulse Updates provides up-to-the-minute updates that protect against the latest threats without slowing down your computer. SONAR 3 Behavioral Protection monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to quickly detect new online threats.

Features:

- Antivirus
- Antispyware
- Antirootkit
- Pulse Updates
- Bot protection
- Network mapping and monitoring
- Norton Reputation Service
- SONAR 3 Behavior Protection

Download: http://us.norton.com/antivirus/

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Norton (General Topic)
« on: 12. May 2007., 22:01:54 »

StrangerCowboy

Re: Norton (General Topic)
« Reply #1 on: 08. July 2007., 14:51:06 »
I tried it and it says that the trial period is expired, from the beginning, so I can't test the scan function etc...  both NAV & NIS 2008 beta.

???

StrangerCowboy

« Reply #2 on: 08. July 2007., 23:45:20 »
I downloaded it from that site.

I've seen that other users had this problem and reported it on Symantec's beta forum and this was the reply:

"Hello,

This could happen if you had a previous trial version of Symantec software on your system prior to installing. Had this computer ever had trial versions of Symantec software on them?

Regards,

Tim Lopez
Beta Test Coordinator
Symantec Corporation"

However I don't remember if I had other trials, I had full, bought in a box, versions installed.
;-)
Anyway, it doesn't matter though.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 09. July 2007., 00:15:04 »
I think that You have "trace" of that older Symantec AV and You must to remove them first.

Try to use tool caled "Norton Removal Tool" if You want we will provide to you here a new version ?

bye

Samker

Security l33t

• SCF Member
  • SCforum's Security Manager o.0
    • Security Central Forum
« Reply #4 on: 24. July 2007., 04:35:13 »
Lets hope EDGE & Magnitude does an effort and cracks that fine little piece of engineering!, (EDGE & Magnitude = The one's that cracked the 2007 version)

BTW: I have heard that NIS 2008 has a new type of preventing Key-hooks, it just simply block it, (Anti-Keylogger)

« Reply #4 on: 24. July 2007., 04:35:13 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 24. July 2007., 10:44:42 »
Yes, We will see what will be happend with this version in the future.

I don't know anything about that Anti-Keylogger protection, but there is for sure advanced SONAR Sistem which (it's look like) work excelent:

"On January 17th, Symantec announced a new technology, SONAR, which stands for Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response. In the week of the announcement, SONAR already played a critical role as an early warning system and Zero Hour detection for the PeaComm threat" you can read more via this link: http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/blog/detail.jsp?blogid=sonar&profileid=laura_garcia-manrique

Also, did you already try NIS 2008?

And if You do, how it's look like ... (your opinion)?

Security l33t

• SCF Member
    • Security Central Forum
« Reply #6 on: 24. July 2007., 23:44:12 »
No i've never tried the 2008 version "yet" :P, but i am using a program named "WhatPulse", it logs all keystrokes & clicks and publishes them to an online community where the meaning is to get most keysrokes, & someone had reported that Norton 2008 blocked the counting of keytrokes, as it recognized it as a keylogger

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25. July 2007., 07:45:37 »
I think that also isn't to much smart to instal & run Beta version any software, because you always must to count that something could go wrong and you have chance to lose all your data ...

Also I'm never tried "WhatPulse" but that type of defense it's look like "Microsoft SpyNet online community", as they said:

"A voluntary, worldwide network of Windows Defender users helps Microsoft determine which suspicious programs to classify as spyware. Participants help discover new threats quickly and notify Microsoft analysts, so that everyone is better protected. Anyone who uses Windows Defender can join this network and help report potential spyware to Microsoft."

Win. Defender is very good at my opinion, did you try them?

Security l33t

• SCF Member
    • Security Central Forum
« Reply #8 on: 25. July 2007., 13:26:33 »
Yes i've used  Windows Defender "once", but trough some time i managed to belive that Windows has actually never been "safe" (Which is true), So why should there Anti-Viruses be much better Xp. So till this day i've only used 3. party Firewalls & Anti-Viruses!

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25. July 2007., 21:17:00 »
Yes I understand You but I still use them because they find some things that even Ad-Aware (which is my favorite) doesn't see and there is very useuful tool for viewing process in PC (Startup, Runing ...)

« Reply #9 on: 25. July 2007., 21:17:00 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising