• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42952
  • Total Topics: 16150
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: [solved] mac os high sierra Mail won't delete mailbox  (Read 5333 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
I had a few POP / POP3 accounts that I was unable to remove. I think this will also apply to IMAP accounts. No matter what I did, there were no errors and no removals of accounts. This happened after I upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra. You need to do this if you want to upgrade POP accounts to IMAP accounts (all existing emails will be deleted, so archive them first).

Go to UserName\Libraries\Mail (google on how to show libraries and user name in finder). Check if there are 2 Vx-folders. I had V2 and V5. V2 was completely empty except for a file called MailData\Accounts.plist I renamed V2 to V2.corrupt and started Mail once more. This time I could remove my accounts no problem (adding them back as IMAP still failed; I had to go to the general Settings - Accounts to remove them; once they were removed there too, everything was as expected).

Freaking Apple... Using 2 Mail folders simultaneously! Shame!!

;p Devvie
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising