• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 43032
  • Total Topics: 16217
  • Online Today: 5973
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: PC Issues (unable to install games, CRC errors on mounted images)  (Read 22436 times)

georgecloner

• SCF VIP Member
Faulty drive is a just one possibility having this CRC error reading on CDs other than having a defective CD.

I assume that your downloaded applications were written on CD/DVD Disk?  Then if the CD/DVD Writer is already defective by the time you burned all your download apps into CDs then you already have a "Bad" CD Copy of your apps. Sorry to say CD you made is unusable.

Another point is to test all your CDs to another computer and see if other PC Drives can read.

Try to copy all CD contents to other PC's harddrive and see also if CRC error occurs.

Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Related to HJT log, fix this items:

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

This will not resolve your problem but it will increase your PC speed...

Conclusion: I'm 99% sure that your PC is clean from Malware so my advice (also) is to follow instructions from "GC".

P.S.

There is also 5-10% chance that you will resolve this if you make OS Repair (with XP installation CD, of course).

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
I did that thank you, but I have posted this same problem on another site, and one person answered saying he had the same problem on his PC and was able to put it down to a bad install, he reinstalled and it all worked perfectly fine, So my thoughts were, if this drive is faulty, would it be giving me a bad install of XP? not copying all the files properly? No errors were reported though :-\
~KING~

Samker

• SCF Administrator
So my thoughts were, if this drive is faulty, would it be giving me a bad install of XP? not copying all the files properly? No errors were reported though

hmmm, the best option is to use some new drive and test all this suggestion. Only on that way you'll be sure what cause this error...

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
I went out and bought a new drive yesterday (ASUS DRW-22B1ST) and I installed a fresh copy of XP, my images still don't work, but I have had no read/write errors from it, all my original games work now, even some that I though the disc had died years ago!
~KING~

Samker

• SCF Administrator
That's good news...  :)

related to "image", probably problem is also related to old DVD drive which wasn't properly read DVDs and now you have useless files??

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
The images were downloaded and had worked so many times in the past, but just before I reinstalled I had a big virus problem and so I was thinking that the viruses may have destroyed the images?
~KING~

Samker

• SCF Administrator

Yes, that's also possible reasons...

For example KAMA SUTRA worm: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1569793

wudz3

• SCF Member
Re: PC Issues (unable to install games, CRC errors on mounted images)
« Reply #18 on: 04. October 2009., 09:23:05 »
maybe it was infected with sality virus which alters files.

zouldiers

• SCF Member
« Reply #19 on: 06. October 2009., 14:35:57 »
It can also be caused by your drive.

« Reply #19 on: 06. October 2009., 14:35:57 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising