• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9 dangerous for Win users - "Poison Ivy" !!!  (Read 3276 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum

Users of Microsoft's last three Internet Explorer web browsers should be aware of a new security issue that is already being used by hackers to distribute a back door malware threat. The issue was first found by security researcher Eric Romang.

In a blog post this weekend, Romang states that this "zero day" exploit uses Flash Player that can bypass the ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) security in Windows: http://eromang.zataz.com/2012/09/16/zero-day-season-is-really-not-over-yet/
The exploit then delivers the "Poison Ivy" malware on a PC. This new security hole, which was later confirmed by "Rapid7", affects IE7, IE8, and IE9 on Windows XP, Vista and 7: https://community.rapid7.com/community/metasploit/blog/2012/09/17/lets-start-the-week-with-a-new-internet-explorer-0-day-in-metasploit

Cnet got a comment from Microsoft, which states:
"We're aware of targeted attacks potentially affecting some versions of Internet Explorer.... We have confirmed that Internet Explorer 10 is not affected by this issue. We recommend customers deploy Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 3.0, which provides effective protections without affecting the Web browsing experience. We will continue to investigate this issue and take further actions as appropriate."

Microsoft has been patching security holes in Internet Explorer 9 recently, including one that was plugged in the August "Patch Tuesday" batch. There's no word when Microsoft will release a patch for this latest IE problem.

(NW)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Fireberg

• SCF Advanced Member
Re: Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9 dangerous for Win users - "Poison Ivy" !!!
« Reply #1 on: 26. September 2012., 15:08:06 »
recently, I was upadating my pc and to my suprise, an updating for i.e 9,it´s size was about 13mb cumulative.The question is another bowser i´ve been downloading. we have a choice. sayng no to this browser
Opera is a good choice..

thanx pal

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9 dangerous for Win users - "Poison Ivy" !!!
« Reply #1 on: 26. September 2012., 15:08:06 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising