• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42945
  • Total Topics: 16144
  • Online Today: 4434
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: DX9.0c not working  (Read 9157 times)

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
  • And War, War Never Changes.....
DX9.0c not working
« on: 01. July 2010., 11:10:41 »
i seem to have some kind of DirectX problem for the last 2 installs and i dont get it. it seems to be not working and it wont allow itself to be installed or updated i have tried downloading the jun 2010 full redist and it wont work, the web installer directly from microsoft's website and even through game installs and so i cant install most of my games. is this a hardware fault ? or something to do with the copying of files from the XP CD as i install? or maybe just a virus?
~KING~

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

DX9.0c not working
« on: 01. July 2010., 11:10:41 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: DX9.0c not working
« Reply #1 on: 01. July 2010., 12:29:33 »
i seem to have some kind of DirectX problem for the last 2 installs and i dont get it. it seems to be not working and it wont allow itself to be installed or updated i have tried downloading the jun 2010 full redist and it wont work, the web installer directly from microsoft's website and even through game installs and so i cant install most of my games. is this a hardware fault ? or something to do with the copying of files from the XP CD as i install? or maybe just a virus?

Hi Blodflekk, do you try to run DxDiag and "what he say"??

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: 01. July 2010., 17:35:15 »
it said failed to locate component, cannot find file "MSVCR71.dll" please try reinstalling the product and try again
~KING~

amko_sa

• SCF VIP Member
    • Newsapp IT support Portal
« Reply #3 on: 01. July 2010., 18:29:12 »
Try to download this msvcr71.zip

First search Msvcr71.dll with windows search. Location of this file is in c:\windows\system32 folder. When you found this file rename it in Msvcr71.dll.old

Extract downloaded archive or first extract archive to desktop and then copy new Msvcr71.dll in to c:\windows\system32 folder.

Reboot your windows.

Also you nay need to register the dll file.

start>run>type.. regsvr32 msvcr71.dll  >enter.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Re: DX9.0c not working (cannot find file MSVCR71.dll - download)
« Reply #4 on: 01. July 2010., 18:31:50 »
it said failed to locate component, cannot find file "MSVCR71.dll" please try reinstalling the product and try again

Ok, but which product to reinstall?? There is a problem. ;)

Here is "MSVCR71.dll" for XP 32-bit if you use this version (if not, you'll need to find your version somewhere):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69AQY0SO

Additionally, I'll also recommend On-Line Scan with BitDefender or Panda: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,734.0.html

Re: DX9.0c not working (cannot find file MSVCR71.dll - download)
« Reply #4 on: 01. July 2010., 18:31:50 »

Fintech

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: 02. July 2010., 03:07:49 »
Sounds very strange.. :o but need to be careful! ::) I haven't noticed anything yet! :-\ I am running Win7 pro.

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: 02. July 2010., 04:15:21 »
ok, i downloaded the file, i searched the folder and it wasnt there at all so i just pasted it there and then tried to register it. but i got this error "msvcr71.dll was loaded but Dllregisterserver entry point was not found. this file cannot be registered"

is it possible my ram is dead? and so the files were unable to copy through correctly during XP setup? only problem is i have run memtest and it reported no errors but this feels very much like a RAM problem because i know that if DX9 is not setup correctly through XP's install then you are unable to install it at a later date.
~KING~

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Dllregisterserver entry point was not (resolve, fix, help...)
« Reply #7 on: 02. July 2010., 06:18:44 »
ok, i downloaded the file, i searched the folder and it wasnt there at all so i just pasted it there and then tried to register it. but i got this error "msvcr71.dll was loaded but Dllregisterserver entry point was not found. this file cannot be registered"

is it possible my ram is dead? and so the files were unable to copy through correctly during XP setup? only problem is i have run memtest and it reported no errors but this feels very much like a RAM problem because i know that if DX9 is not setup correctly through XP's install then you are unable to install it at a later date.

I don't think that RAM cause this problem.

Do you have 32-bit XP or something else and did you make check with mentioned online scanners??

Verify System Variables

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears. If you receive the following error message, click OK

2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
   3. Click Environment Variables.
   4. Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.

NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.
   5. In the Variable value box, type the following:
      %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\msvcr71
   6. Click OK three times (each time that you have the option).

Additionally, please check do you have all necessary Updates for Windows??

blodflekk

• SCF Advanced Member
« Reply #8 on: 02. July 2010., 09:13:14 »
ok, i did the system variable thing. i do have XP 32bit. All updates are installed and from all the virus scans i have run, system appears to be clean. DXDiag reports no errors :)

thanks everyone.
~KING~

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 02. July 2010., 11:07:49 »
ok, i did the system variable thing. i do have XP 32bit. All updates are installed and from all the virus scans i have run, system appears to be clean. DXDiag reports no errors :)

thanks everyone.

Great News!  ;)

You welcome mate.

You know that We're here 24/7 for SCF Members!  :bih:

« Reply #9 on: 02. July 2010., 11:07:49 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising