• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42952
  • Total Topics: 16150
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Solving insufficient space warning when installing an Android app  (Read 3166 times)

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Ì encountered this problem a few times: when you try to install a (warez) app, you will get an error message stating that you can't install the app due to insufficient free space . Remove a few items and try again. You have an option to open the application manager and remove unnecessary apps.

Problem is that when you were upgrading / re-installing the app, an uninstallation has gone wrong.

Problem is easy to fix, as I did already in my Pandora-article

Copy Paste FROM: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8243.msg21715.html#msg21715

So when looking for more "legal" versions with AppBrain, I suddenly found myself unable to install Pandora! Insufficient space! WTF... On Samsung Galaxy S3, the siii with 32GB or storage + equal ExtSdCard. Wiping cache did nothing. Resetting permissions rendered my phone useless (long live Nandroid backup!:).

Other solutions* I tried did not solve it either.

So this is what I did...

Start a terminal
Type:
su
find /system /data -name *pandora*

There I found:
/data/media/0/Android/data/org.blackmart.market/cache/icons_inst/5/c/4/com.pandora.android.gtv
/data/media/0/Android/data/org.blackmart.market/cache/icons_inst/5/c/4/com.pandora.android.gtv/com.pandora.android.gtv.11.png
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/org.fit009c.pandoraadblocker..apk
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/com.pandora.android.gtv..apk
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/com.pandora.android.5.2.apk
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/com.pandora.android..apk
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/com.pandora.android.1.6.apk
/data/media/0/.aptoide/apks/com.pandora.android.gtv.1.3.1.apk
/data/data/com.aura.ringtones.aurabusiness/files/pflx_res/js-client/html/pandoraOffers.html
/data/data/com.aura.ringtones.auratechnoremix/files/pflx_res/js-client/html/pandoraOffers.html
/data/data/com.aura.ringtones.aurapopularfunny/files/pflx_res/js-client/html/pandoraOffers.html
/data/data/com.aura.ringtones.auraexotic/files/pflx_res/js-client/html/pandoraOffers.html
/data/app/com.pandora.android-1.odex

And this last line got my attention.

Being old-school, I just did this to "fix" the insufficient space problem...

su
cd /data/app
rm com.pandor*
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Solving insufficient space warning when installing an Android app
« Reply #1 on: 30. November 2013., 10:36:26 »
D., thanks for tip!  :up:

P.S.

Eightieth Karma Points!  :)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: Solving insufficient space warning when installing an Android app
« Reply #1 on: 30. November 2013., 10:36:26 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising