• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42866
  • Total Topics: 16075
  • Online Today: 1580
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (download)  (Read 13751 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (download)
« on: 19. April 2010., 18:34:56 »

Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, gets you back up and running if your PC becomes so infected that it won’t work properly or even boot up.

The Norton Bootable Recovery Tool helps fix your "worst nightmare" PC problems, like when crimeware embeds itself so deeply into your PC’s operating system that it takes a special tool to remove it. Norton Bootable Recovery Tool does two things:

1. It helps you create a Customized Rescue Boot Disc (CD/DVD/USB) before your system becomes infected

2. In the event of an emergency situation where your PC has become so infected that it won’t boot up, it will help restore your PC to normal working order

When you first install your Norton Security Software, be sure to take a moment to open the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard and follow the simple steps to create your Customized Rescue Boot Disc. Your Customized Rescue Boot Disc will boot your computer in a safe environment, then work to remove the threats that caused the problem so that you are back up and running in no time.

Download Instructions:

1. Click on the "Download Norton Bootable Recovery Tool" button above.
   2. A dialog will appear, click on "Save File".
   3. Select the location where you want to save the file, and click "save".
   4. Go to the location you saved the file and run the file you downloaded.
   5. You may get a prompt asking you to confirm that you want to run the file. Please confirm and continue with the download process.
   6. Once the download completes, the wizard will start automatically. Follow the instructions to create your Norton Bootable recovery Tool.
   7. Hold onto the device for use later if you encounter a situation where your system cannot boot or you cannot install or start your Norton Product
   8. If you encounter an emergency situation, just insert your personalized bootable media device into your computer and let it do its magic! The bootable media device will help boot your PC in a safe environment and then start cleaning up your infected system, eventually returning your PC to health quickly.

System Requirements:

* - Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
    * - Your computer must support USB booting for the Norton Bootable Tool to run on a USB device

Download: http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/nbrt.asp?ssdcat=221&lcid=1033&serviceid=181&pName=NAV&pversion=18.0&origin=thankyou&env=beta&layout=esd&tooltype=both&osver=5.1

Mirror Download: http://liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com/upgrade/NSS/NBRTWizard/FSD/Retail/EMEA/NBRT-Retail-Downloader.exe

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (download)
« on: 19. April 2010., 18:34:56 »

Delsol

• SCF Member
Re: Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (download)
« Reply #1 on: 10. June 2010., 00:59:44 »
Thanks! Any chance you have Norton Systemworks or similar products for download?

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
Re: Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (download)
« Reply #2 on: 26. January 2013., 20:49:59 »
To my surprise the Norton bootable rescue cd appears free and is up-datable* (when you create the iso from within Windows) BUT although the boot media seems free, ALL documentation on norton site says it's only for paying customers*. Running the ISO through VMWare, first thing I was greeted with (after the Windows 7 startup logo) was a request for a serial product key :s

Norton has an offline free root-kit scan tool too.

I do not like Norton as my active AV, but as a 2nd opinion on infected systems I think I'll regard this highly :)

So, thanks Samker, I'll update links here and there and post 2 more here ; )

- http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx?lcid=1033 (Norton Power Eraser)

"If you have become the victim of crimeware that regular virus scans can't detect, use Norton Power Eraser to target and eliminate it.

Is something not quite right with your computer? Are you being plagued by pop-up windows trying to get you to download security software or alerts claiming your PC isn’t secure? It sounds like you’ve been infected with a type of threat known as “scamware.” The solution? Norton™ Power Eraser. This powerful FREE tool from Symantec detects and eliminates difficult-to-remove threats, rootkits, and unique types of crimeware like scamware that cost unsuspecting computer users as much as $150 million per year.

Norton Power Eraser is specially designed to aggressively target scamware. It uses our most thorough scanning technology to eliminate threats that traditional virus scanning doesn’t always detect, so you can get your PC back. "

- http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/nbrt.aspx?ssdcat=221&lcid=1033&serviceid=181&pName=NAV&pversion=18.0&origin=thankyou&env=beta&layout=esd&tooltype=both&osver=5.1 (Norton Bootable Recovery Tool [beta])

"Norton Bootable Recovery Tool is a Rescue tool available for free to existing customers of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton 360.

You can use this tool in emergency situations to restore your computer to normal working order.

Norton Bootable Recovery Tool (NBRT) can be used to scan and remediate threats should you face difficulty installing Norton products due to a virus infection in your computer. Norton Bootable Recovery Tool can also be used to perform a virus scan in the Windows preinstallation environment.

Given the versatility of this wizard, you can burn the recovery tool to a CD/DVD, create an ISO image, or copy it on to a USB device. "

Karma!

Devvie

~~~ notemail@facebook.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)

* According to http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/6540-norton_bootable_recovery_tool , there was a period when Norton would offer free beta keys for NBRT (which currently still is in beta). That links seems to be offline now... I'll hunt down a key, but... ;p
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

devnullius

• SCF VIP Member
    • SCForum.info
... I found no key and I do not have that much time to hunt one down :s

BUT, according to some youtube videos, any 'legit' key would do... Including keys from trial versions...? I do NOT want to install Norton on my system - anyone else WANNA TEST for us? Would be nice if there was a trick to always be able to update a fresh NBRT cd when investigating infected pc's... After combofix did it's work ;)

Karma!

devnullius
More information about bitcoin, altcoin & crypto in general? GO TO  j.gs/7385484/btc

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare... So why not get the real SCForum employees to help YOUR troubled computer!!! SCF Remote PC Assist http://goo.gl/n1ONa9

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising