• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42955
  • Total Topics: 16151
  • Online Today: 4651
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee VSE 8.5i not working!!!  (Read 13820 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
Re: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis & Bit Defender Online Scan Log
« Reply #10 on: 24. August 2011., 19:38:05 »
Samker gave me the password of the patch and problems dissapered, but for i runned the HijackThis and this is the log:

Ok D.

As I was explain you in PM, I'm just came home from vacation in Neum (Bosnia and Herzegovina / Europe): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neum  :)

First thing to do is to check your logs and for that I need, at least, few hours... so, expect your results - tomorrow.

Regards,

S.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Re: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis & Bit Defender Online Scan Log
« Reply #10 on: 24. August 2011., 19:38:05 »

Samker

• SCF Administrator
Re: Remove unnecessary toolbars
« Reply #11 on: 25. August 2011., 09:01:53 »
Hi again D.

It's little bit hard for me to check HJT log in Portuguese :) , but I agree with BitDefender "Não foram encontradas infecções" ("There were no infections.").

However, I have few advices, to try, to little bit speedup your PC:

1. Run again HJT and remove this items:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Programas\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Programas\Ficheiros comuns\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"

2. I'm almost sure that you don't need all these Toolbars: Bing, ZoneAlarm, Site Advisor etc. Check your: Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs and uninstall some of them. My advice is to remove all of them, except Site Advisor.

3. Download and Use CCleaner: http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,1133.0.html I'm sure it'll clean a lot of Internet "garbage". ;)

4. As I remember, ZoneAlarm FW doesn't work good in combination with McAfee... to slow start-up on my Desktop. If you have same problems think about possibility to change some of them with FREE solutions from SCF's download areas (you know that your McAfee 8.5 will not have support after Dec. 2011.):

- SCF's AV area: http://scforum.info/index.php/board,10.0.html

- SCF's FW area: http://scforum.info/index.php/board,13.0.html

My advice is to use FREE Avira Anti-Virus (or to buy license from some well know AV Company), last months (in my experience) it have better results in comparative with other Free AV's.
Related to FireWall ZoneAlarm is very good, but Comodo also provide solid protection with it's Free version.

Hope these advices will help you??

Best Regards,

S.

Duar97

• SCF Member
Re: McAfee VSE 8.5i not working!!!
« Reply #12 on: 27. August 2011., 12:52:04 »
thanks alot samker...

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 27. August 2011., 14:03:27 »
thanks alot samker...

you welcome pal... ;)

carlbug

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #14 on: 02. September 2011., 07:41:38 »
for me the above version is the best... I use it without major issues.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #14 on: 02. September 2011., 07:41:38 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising