• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42949
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4867
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: Extracted OE messages can’t seem to view .DBX file.  (Read 3779 times)

DuaneFowler

• SCF Newbie
Extracted OE messages can’t seem to view .DBX file.
« on: 18. January 2016., 13:41:07 »
I just built a new comp, and I decided to export some messages off OE onto a floppy. I transfered the .DBX files from the old store folder onto the floppy then into the Store folder of the new comp and they are not showing up. I tried to export them from the disk, but i get the error:

NO messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open.

Please help! Thx.

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

Extracted OE messages can’t seem to view .DBX file.
« on: 18. January 2016., 13:41:07 »

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
Re: Extracted OE messages can’t seem to view .DBX file.
« Reply #1 on: 18. January 2016., 18:15:26 »
Did you try importing the data file in Outlook settings?

Also: Floppy in this age? rly?

alajos_budai

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #2 on: 27. January 2016., 18:11:03 »
Hi,
From the old computer , did you go the location that is given in the "Store folder" and copied inbox.dbx or which dbx file did you get ?

In the new computer , open OE. go to tools --> options --> maintainence and look for store folder. Check the path.
go to that path and paste the inbox.dbx or any dbx that you got in that floppy (which you had got from old computer). If you have got anything other inbox.dbx, outbox or sent items then the corresponding folder name should be there in OE.
For example, if you are transferring a.dbx from old computer , then go to the folders in new computer's OE and create a folder A under inbox.
If that doesn’t help then try extract .dbx files via OE-Mail Recovery. This will allow you to easily and quickly export the files right where you need to be.
 http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dbx-extract.html

alajos_budai

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: 27. January 2016., 18:13:24 »

DuaneFowler

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: 31. January 2016., 13:40:08 »
I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much! The issue has been resolved.)

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #4 on: 31. January 2016., 13:40:08 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising