• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42947
  • Total Topics: 16146
  • Online Today: 4794
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: What is SpyWare and AdWare?!  (Read 23868 times)

Samker

• SCF Administrator
  • Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
    • SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum
What is SpyWare and AdWare?!
« on: 04. August 2007., 17:32:35 »
SpyWare

Spyware is computer software that is installed surreptitiously on a personal computer to intercept or take partial control over the user's interaction with the computer, without the user's informed consent.

While the term spyware suggests software that secretly monitors the user's behavior, the functions of spyware extend well beyond simple monitoring. Spyware programs can collect various types of personal information, such as Internet surfing habits, sites that have been visited, but can also interfere with user control of the computer in other ways, such as installing additional software, and redirecting Web browser activity. Spyware is known to change computer settings, resulting in slow connection speeds, different home pages, and/or loss of Internet or functionality of other programs. In an attempt to increase the understanding of spyware, a more formal classification of its included software types is captured under the term privacy-invasive software.

In response to the emergence of spyware, a small industry has sprung up dealing in anti-spyware software. Running anti-spyware software has become a widely recognized element of computer security best practices for Microsoft Windows desktop computers. A number of jurisdictions have passed anti-spyware laws, which usually target any software that is surreptitiously installed to control a user's computer.
More at WikiPedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

AdWare

Adware or advertising-supported software is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used. Some types of adware are also spyware and can be classified as privacy-invasive software.

Advertising functions are integrated into or bundled with the software, which is often designed to note what Internet sites the user visits and to present advertising pertinent to the types of goods or services featured there. Adware is usually seen by the developer as a way to recover development costs, and in some cases it may allow the software to be provided to the user free of charge or at a reduced price. The income derived from presenting advertisements to the user may allow or motivate the developer to continue to develop, maintain and upgrade the software product. Conversely, the advertisements may be seen by the user as interruptions or annoyances, or as distractions from the task at hand.
More at WikiPedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

If you need any kind of Help related to SpyWare or AdWare problems, please Visit SCF "PC Help Center": http://scforum.info/index.php?action=forum

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

What is SpyWare and AdWare?!
« on: 04. August 2007., 17:32:35 »

testuser

• SCF Member
Re: What is SpyWare and AdWare?!
« Reply #1 on: 05. August 2010., 06:47:53 »
Samker, I recorded a nice video of some malware if you want to add it to your site. The video shows how it attempts to fool the user into thinking that trojans have been detected. If I wasn't using Firefox (e.g. - if I was using IE) it would have automatically downloaded and installed the malware. The video also shows how the site is linked to a fake AntiSpyware / AntiVirus site.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05. August 2010., 07:52:42 »

Great pal.  :thumbsup:

Please send that Video to my mail, to take a look...

Later I'll contact you and add them to SCF.  ;)

testuser

• SCF Member
« Reply #3 on: 06. August 2010., 00:57:11 »
Sent you a PM with the details. In about two weeks I'll putting together a presentation that I will use for customers on Security. I'll send you a copy.

Samker

• SCF Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 06. August 2010., 06:09:09 »
Sent you a PM with the details. In about two weeks I'll putting together a presentation that I will use for customers on Security. I'll send you a copy.

Ok pal, I'll check PM right now.

Tnx for a copy in advance.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 06. August 2010., 06:09:09 »

mario007

• SCF Member
« Reply #5 on: 12. October 2010., 01:54:02 »
thanx buddy...very informative for novice like me....

Pez

• SCF VIP Member
  • Pez
« Reply #6 on: 13. October 2010., 23:06:30 »
AdWare is like your Supermarket card.
The supermarket get track of what your bying and give you customized advertise. Puhaps thay also checkup somthing else more personal in what you bying, you canĀ“t bee shure. :)

SpyWare is like your neighbor that looking what you have bought and maybe also looking in thrue you windows when you have en nice girl at home for a nice time. ;)
Their is two easy way to configure a system!
Every thing open and every thing closed.
Every thing else is more or less complex.

Start Turfing ! http://scforum.info/index.php/topic,8405.msg21475.html#msg21475

morrismountain

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: 18. January 2011., 20:57:29 »
Spyware is software that is installed on your computer surreptitiously intercept or take partial control of interaction with the computer, without your permission.

Rosie667

• SCF Member
« Reply #8 on: 09. April 2011., 13:37:37 »
Adware is considered a legitmate alternative offered to consumers who do not wish to pay for software. Programs, games or utilities can be designed and distributed as freeware. Sometimes freeware blocks features and functions of the software until you pay to register it.

Spyware is considered a malicious program and is similar to a Trojan Horse in that users unwittingly install the product when they install something else. A common way to become a victim of spyware is to download certain peer-to-peer file swapping products that are available today.

daveedmiller

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: 11. May 2011., 13:42:35 »
Spyware is the language of the Web application-based promotion (& vice versa). It is a way for shareware authors to make money from the product, other than by selling it to users. There's several giant media companies that offer them to place banner ads in their products in exchange for part of the proceeds of sales of the banner.

« Reply #9 on: 11. May 2011., 13:42:35 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising