• Total Members: 14176
  • Latest: toxxxa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 42862
  • Total Topics: 16071
  • Online Today: 1329
  • Online Ever: 51419
  • (01. January 2010., 10:27:49)

Author Topic: McAfee DLP (how to uninstall?)  (Read 100900 times)

mcafeevictim

• SCF Newbie
Re: McAfee DLP (how to uninstall?)
« Reply #10 on: 07. January 2011., 18:11:43 »
Hi hazedaze

I am facing the same situation and followed the procedures you mentioned. Strange thing happens, all the USB drives become inactive. But i still boot windows though. I tried uninstalling, still does not work and asks the password as before. there is no DLP agent on taskbar though. Do you have any suggestions.

Thank you in advance

Samker's Computer Forum - SCforum.info

« Reply #10 on: 07. January 2011., 18:11:43 »

tanya123

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #11 on: 16. June 2011., 05:15:03 »
Hi Hazedaze,

Am using Windows Vista.
Tried your method by going into safemode of my machine.
Was able to change registry entries and rename the files but was unable to find the following entries in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fcdrv1\ [START]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fcdrv2\ [START]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fcdrv3\ [START]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fcdrv4\ [START]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\fcdrv5\ [START]

Also, my USB MAss Storage device works but ONLY in safemode, not after regular login whether with Administrator account or any other account. This happens despite the fact that DLP is disabled on startup in regular user account mode.
Also, am unable to uninstall DLP, whether in safe mode or in any other mode.
While trying to uninstall in safe mode, I get an error message, and while trying to uninstal in regular mode, I am still asked the Challenge Key.

Please advise on how to uninstall DLP while in regular mode/ safe mode.

Thanx,

Tanya

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 16. June 2011., 05:23:06 »
By any chance.. your PC is not managed via ePO, right?

tanya123

• SCF Newbie
« Reply #13 on: 20. June 2011., 18:52:10 »
By any chance.. your PC is not managed via ePO, right?
As a matter of fact, it is managed via ePO.
Its just that I have too much of emails, proprietary softwares, data and stuff to want to format and have a clean drive on my C:\

Any help to remove Mcafee DLP would be greatly appreciated.
ANYONE???

jheysen

• SCF Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 20. June 2011., 21:32:16 »
Contact you ePO administrator. I'll think you'll need an ePO task to uninstall it.

« Reply #14 on: 20. June 2011., 21:32:16 »

hazedaze

• SCF VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: 18. September 2011., 13:37:04 »
To be fair Jhensen is quite right you should always go to your Admin, but as a side note you dont really want to be circumventing the Network security it is there for a reason regardless of how much of a pain in the ass it is.

That also means trying to remove DLP is really not wise for you, most companies these day's get you to agree to a computer usage policy and by you removing or disabling elements of the program that is desinged primarily to protect you will land you with a possible meeting with your manager for breach of this policy, every company's diff but it really is not worth your job.....period! :o

Autorun Virus and Trojans have made a huge comback as a result of an increase in removable devices and sloppy Admins not removing the Autorun facility within the Registry on Corp Builds, this one little change will scuppure most Viruses and any decent AV program will clean the little blighter as soon as you access the device hence the term "On-Access Scan" sometimes only a Format will surfice as some more stubbon Viruses will cause a stack overflow within the Explorer Shell so will cause your desktop to essentially reboot (Simple way of looking at it is that it looks a bit like your loggin off but withouht the message boxes e.t.c) preventing you from even access the device, you may even have to Format it through Safe Mode but this is not recomended as your AV will likely not be running in Safe Mode so will not protect you, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

if you modify the reg keys e.t.c dependent on the Log settings set via the EPO admin it can easily be flagged back to the Server and will often invoke a Policy enforcement which will remove any changes you have made and this will happen every time you log onto the company network unless they have it set at certain intervals of course, (Reduces network loading at certain times E.t.c)

Again to to assist with the question raised by Teojosh, there is a little hack you can try mate I dont recomend it for anything else but have used this little method for several shall we say "stubbon" programs Encountered in the past, you should providing you have taken control of the McAfee folder within Program files be able to simply right click on the folder and delete but let it sit in the recyle bin never delete it untill you have perfromed serveral reboots to ensure everything still works,

now when you go back to Add/Remove programes when you hit the remove button it should give you a small error to advise it could'nt find the program and do you want it to be removed form the Add/Remove list just hit yes, do a reboot and check to see if any McAfee services are running withing Proceses withing Task Manager.

It may be prudent at this stage to run the MCafee Software removal program just to clean the system up a bit!  ;D

Any Probs post back and I will assist now I'm back on the Scene........

Regds

HD

« Reply #15 on: 18. September 2011., 13:37:04 »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Second Anti-Bot trap, type or simply copy-paste below (only the red letters):www.scforum.info:

Enter your email address to receive daily email with 'SCforum.info - Samker's Computer Forum' newest content:

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertising